Discuss Periodic testing with the power on and all loads connected in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Haha, think 3 or 4 of us have the 2391 and there is about 30-49 do testing. 50% apprentices, 25% ‘sparks’ 25% electricians.
Ho does your firm differentiate between Sparks and Electricians? so 01 of the staff are conversant with test and inspection, a class outfit lie I said then, best out of it mate imo, good luck whatever you decide, although leaving and finding something else would be best for your career.

I’ve got my NIC inspection in September to go alone. I know what a fan of those scheme inspections you are haha.

‘Sparks’ are rough it in electricians where we’re from.
Trouble is Chris people see Sparks as Electricians as the same thing, in reality they are, but I see where you are coming from, although you may want to rephrase your description, as it could upset people.

I think it’s just a location term. Obviously in most parts of the country Sparks will be a more than capable engineer.
Not really I would rather be classed as an Electrician, but as you say it could be a regional description, but differentiating between the two names might inflame the more sensitive of us. Just saying

Regarding dead testing insulation resistance must be measured as the installation is aging and in live testing, Ze and Zs must be measured with the loads disconnected because the loads provide a parallel path across the test leads making the measurements lower

Reply to Periodic testing with the power on and all loads connected in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock