Discuss Pet hates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Builders saying: We will install the lighting ring....
must be intending to smother cables in itchy-poo. allowing for de-rating.

More a case of what they have not done, like label the distribution board.

I couldn't agree more to this suggestion. 2 today completely unmarked - 1 of which the customer had the cert listing all the circuits and a nice "tick" against circuits identified.

With most of us using electronic certificates and mobiles with cameras these days maybe its time for the EIC, on CU changes to include a photo of the complete CU with circuits labelling in place.

Any loft insulation. Why cant it be the stuff that comes in panels and fixed to the rafters out of the bloody way, or the stuff in bags up there.
Then there's the "well its worked for years, its only since you've put that DCR thingy on that it doesnt work and you want me to pay for you to get it to work, it was fine before you buggered about with it. I dont like them big green wires on them pipes either."

Any loft insulation. Why cant it be the stuff that comes in panels and fixed to the rafters out of the bloody way,

that's been my argument for years. why ruin a perfectly good attic , especially one that's been built properly, before those godawful space destroying roof trusses were invented. trusses are for hernias.

Circuits labelled 'lighting' that when you turn them off leave the lights on and turn all the computers off!
(The circuit labelled overhead heaters turned the lights off)

All of the previous listed plus,
banging your head,
decorators painting accessories,
missing the bottom step of your ladders,
hitting your thumb with your hammer,
forgetting that you have put your hammer on top of your steps and then moving them,
and two that drive me nuts,
coming out of someone's house covered in dog hair because they never clean up after it!
people who don't keep their kids out of your way while your working and they think that is OK for them to riffle through your toolbox/bag!

You just have to hope the kids rifling through your box don't find your megger, select 1000v and accidentally press the "test" button...

Or the bloke that decides to energize a circuit your working on to put the kettle on, own fault I know for not locking off but when your upstairs working in a Jb you expect a grown up to know better

have to say that twisting cpc`s together with tape wrapped around twenty times, and why do builders think they can cut out cpc`s on brass light fittings

Another one is having to explain to customers all the time how you are going to do things."Oh..I don't see how you can get the wire from here to there above all that plaster ceiling."And others who keep asking every ten minutes"How's it going?"

It’s an industrial one for me, but it must be the same for domestic.

Getting blamed for something going wrong when you’ve never been near it for months. Planed maintenance systems are great for attributing the blame on to the innocent.

I got the blame for £.5M of damage to a plant. It took me four months to find the culprit, it wasn’t me! Sub-standard spares supplied by an outside company. (I would love to name the company, but they’ve got more money than I have!)

Smelly dogs, dog hair all stuck in the velcro on the knee pad fastener. Cats getting underneath the floor boards! Customers with back gardens that look like mine fields covered in shog dit... I could go on with these pet hates.....
Once, a customer said, 'Wait whilst we lock the dog away' it ran round the back door and jumped and bit at me between my legs!! thank god my snickers are a terrible fit and hang low down there!

Reply to Pet hates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock