Discuss Pet Hates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

1. CU where just about every cable is too short.
2. Part P, why !!! Just paperwork for Councils.
3. The client who never offers a coffee.
4. Places so dirty you feel obliged to clean before you start so you don't stick to anything.
5. The "oh could you just do this as well in the price".
6. The French.
7. Probably more to come
Cheers

1. CU where just about every cable is too short.
2. Part P, why !!! Just paperwork for Councils.
3. The client who never offers a coffee.
4. Places so dirty you feel obliged to clean before you start so you don't stick to anything.
5. The "oh could you just do this as well in the price".
6. The French.
7. Probably more to come
Cheers

8. plumbers.

People who cut the cables far too short in back boxes so once the switch/socket is taken off it's never going back on again
People who expect you to do a rewire without removing all their crap first
Cheap screwdrivers
Cheap tools in general (my dad is a nightmare for buying power tools in Aldi "cos they were cheap"
Realising at the end of the job that I've left one of my tools under a floorboard or in the loft...

When they don't seem to ever bring out amendments you can simply print off and add to your existing regs books anymore and you have to continually keep buying new regs/OSG/GN1,2,3,4,5,6,78 etc etc even though 99% of it is exactly the same
just to please the NIC

1: short cables in anything.
2: cheap light fittings
3: all the clients cr@p that's in the way.
4: cpc's twisted together in one sleeve.
5: chocolate terminals
6: HMRC
7: the price of fuel
8: cutting holes in ceilings
9: CSA's bigger than 4mm
10: working in the cold

Not in any particular order!

Metal boxes with the vertical oval fixing hole the same side as the adjustable lug, making one side have two adjustments and the other none. What a stupid design, by someone who has clearly never installed one.

044_1007_NE02_NL635A_large._1.3.p2_.jpg

on switch boxes i just use the centre hole. tin hat on.

Yep 20mm steel couplers and bushes, just have to make sure you knock out the right knock outs on the back boxes as sometimes only two sides of both boxes will line up to make them level.

My pet hate is gear with dual knockouts that when you knock the 20mm knockout, the 25 comes with it.
or, as I found the other day, an Schnieder board where the knockouts were harder than the surrounding material. Ended up drilling all of them.

My pet hate is gear with dual knockouts that when you knock the 20mm knockout, the 25 comes with it.
or, as I found the other day, an Schnieder board where the knockouts were harder than the surrounding material. Ended up drilling all of them.

thats why I carry around 25mm to 20mm reducers, drives me potty when that happens:rolleyes4:

Reply to Pet Hates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net