Discuss Pet Hates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

and plastic boxes that split when you try and knock out the knockout bit.

yeah. me too. hate cleaning the half melted plastic out of a hole saw.

Effing plumbers, AGAIN. Burning my beautiful trunking.

Image009.jpg

oh yes, and I wouldn't have had to use sh1tty surface trunking if they had put their valves in the right place where their cables would reach the wiring centre. Idiots...

Nice invisible join in your wall boards, too, chippy.

pyro
twisting flex strands and getting it stuck in your finger
cheap screws where the heads snap off
tangling leads on test meter
croc clips that come off everything you clip them on
amtech's last 2 packages/updates
bosses that pester u when your on leave

CPC's twisted together is bad enough, but when people use the same sleeving for several CPC's AND twist them together still...really does F'ing annoy me - especially when muppets do it on the ring at the DB - niceone for testing nob'eds.

Manufactures that waste endless amounts of screws - the one's they provide with the light fittings and other accessories - they should realise nobody ever uses them, so why bloody make them. Wasting money and materials.

General poor workmanship - not cutting trunking square/to length really annoys me. Half-arseing in general. Seems these days very few have pride in their work, it's such a shame. I do alot of caravan work. and see flex's flung absolutley everywhere, have these people not heard of clips.

Customers who don't understand / don't take 'no not possible' for an answer. Customers who demand the most complex of jobs for the cheapest of price - because they don't care about the regs and because bob the butcher from down the road has said he would do it for half the price.

Plumbers.

Trunking lids missing in mains rooms and plant rooms. If they were ever there to start with then where do they go??
Also lids barely held on to the trunking cos either the turnbuckles have worn or broken. If all else fails, use self tappers rather than leaving it hanging off.

Where do they go? They are 'borrowed' by people who don't believe cable rods exist to fish cables through places. "Oh look, they've left us some clip-on cable rods, how kind!"

Trying to push a Marbo 45A pull switch with two 10mm Twins in up to a cheap 25mm surface box. Last little push and then it went crack! Oh dear I told my mate never to take that pull cord down ever ever again and that's what he gets for buying cheap crap! Before you all say I always buy the Crabtree ones!

Having to work in a hotel kitchen: "ooh you can't do it between midnight and 23:59, we're open then, mind the gravy on the floor, don't get dust in my soup, get out of the way we're trying to cook, you've just grated asbestos into my canapés, I need to get to the fridge, how long is it going to be off, why has the power gone off? Couldn't you do it some other time?"

Why's the power off? Because nothing is EFFING LABELED and the board is a mess!

(this happens to be the same board that I believe suffered the lost neutral discussed here: http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...09-suppliers-neutral-break-2.html#post6743005 )

Image012.jpg

Having to work in a hotel kitchen: "ooh you can't do it between midnight and 23:59, we're open then, mind the gravy on the floor, don't get dust in my soup, get out of the way we're trying to cook, you've just grated asbestos into my canapés, I need to get to the fridge, how long is it going to be off, why has the power gone off? Couldn't you do it some other time?"

Why's the power off? Because nothing is EFFING LABELED and the board is a mess!

(this happens to be the same board that I believe suffered the lost neutral discussed here: http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...09-suppliers-neutral-break-2.html#post6743005 )

Image012.jpg

OMG, what a mess. Should look like this.

IMG_0778.jpg

Reply to Pet Hates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net