• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Phase 3 advice pls in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Noods

Hi
Can you advise please regarding phase 3..

I've an auto hacksaw machine in my workshop.. The workshop runs on 240v supply..

The 240 volt supply runs to a Mitsibushi inverter as per pic below..
Phase 3 advice pls ima - EletriciansForums.net

This is wired to a New Brooks Compton electric motor which is 3 phase.. The plates details are.. T-D-A90SA..
50-60htz KW.75 220-240v
3.96 - 380-415Y

3.63 Amps -2.29 -2.20

The 3 phase connections are 3core and Earth ...316RS6....318 -415v

My question is.. Ideally I'd like to have an on off switch wired between the inverter and the electric motor so I can easily switch power on and off to the hacksaw..

Is this possible and if so what do I need to buy pls..

Many thanks..

I would have posted more pics but it seems I'm only allowed one...?

Why? How does it start and stop now?

Most VSD's don't like their output just being cut off, this varies between brands and as I don't use Mitsi often I can not comment.

Why? How does it start and stop now?

Most VSD's don't like their output just being cut off, this varies between brands and as I don't use Mitsi often I can not comment.
At present I switch it on and off at the inverter, it's just the switch is small and fiddly..

Making something start and stop is easy. Doing it to the regs where all the paperwork, risk assessment, stopping catagory and all the other rubbish is the hard bit.

you could fit sa remote single phase isolator/switch to the incoming side of the inverter consideration should be given to emergency stop/s. this would entail the use of a contactor and some other bits. not a DIY job, tbh,.

Is this Saw for personal use only in a home workshop?
If NO, does the workshop have any Emergency stop control for all machinery?

Does it (or did it ) have any safety interlocks fitted on the saw?

You could use the Stop Start inputs within the Inverter for manual control.

The manual is available online with the connections identified.

Reply to Phase 3 advice pls in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back