Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Phases in dado trunking. in the Commercial Electrical Talk area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Swa33er

Swa33er New EF Member

Hi all and thanks in advance for any replies.
    I was wondering if whether when having more than one phase inside a dado trunking are you required to mark up the trunking with a 400v marker/label like you would at a multi gang light switch??
    Cheers

2. Ian1981

Ian1981 Electrician's Arms

No requirement.
    According to bs 7671 a warning label is only required when the line to earth voltage exceeds 230 volts ac. You would only have 400volts between phases.
    I still however label a 3phase db with a 400v sticker/warning notice just the way I was taught and I think it's good practice

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  3. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent You Rock Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

No there is no requirement.

4. ImpededLoop

ImpededLoop Electrician's Arms

Agree with Lee. Same goes for light switches.

5. Rosco

Rosco Electrician's Arms

I don't know if it's a requirement (ignore that cheers lee:D) but I certainly would, not a big sticker but maybe the smaller etched ones placed on the lid, just in case someone who isn't competent decides to have go at chucking a couple of extra sockets in.

6. Swa33er

Swa33er New EF Member

Thanks all, much appreciated.