Discuss Philips dimmable gu10 7w lamp retaining clips in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all. As above really. Called out to a job today where the philips lamps had been nicked from the holders. Trouble now is securing the new lamps in as whoever took the lamps also took the retaining clips! Have looked online and ebay etc but havnt found any to buy as yet. The lamps are the longer body type. Cheers in advance for any help given.
duncan

If its just the shaped wire spring you ca pick them up most wholesalers if its specific to the fitting design then take your details to wholesaler but you may be out of luck as hudreds of varieties are out there and many superseded versions.

You definitely need to know the actual shape required for those particular fittings.
As you have seen the "standard" 50mm wire rings are easily available but ones that have different shapes are more difficult.
I have (for a couple of downlights) reshaped a basic ring to fit the fitting that was missing them, but it is hard to do by hand.
Generally the lamp itself is immaterial, so long as the lamp fits in the fitting then the ring just stops it dropping out, and with any luck pushing up as well, when you want to remove them.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Their not your standard ring clip iv found loads of them online and in local suppliers. These i can only describe as miniture bicycle trouser clips! They clip to the lamp and theres a bezel type of fitting then that locks into the spot fitting itself. Im presuming these would come with fitting not the lamp.

i know the ones you mean. twist lock bezels. you'll have to replace to complete fitting unless you know who's they are and can get spares from manufacturer. probably end up best to buy integrated fittings.

The spring clips are like open terry clips but thinner.
Terry_Tool_Clip_Open_300.jpg
It is unlikely you would be able to replace the bezels unless they are a known brand, generally you would need the new fitting.

Reply to Philips dimmable gu10 7w lamp retaining clips in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net