Discuss Phone cabling in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a custmer who wants some surface phone cabling removed. there are varios plastic connectors visible in the hall way. They want it all removed and a 1 new point run externally around the property to serve a sky+ box in their lounge.

Is the easiest way to do this

1. Remove existing dogs dinner
2. Run in new cabling externally and connect into back of BT master at one end and std BT point at other

If so what are the connections I need to make. (do I need 2 or 4 cores)

Funny never been asked to do this before

Regards

G

I have a custmer who wants some surface phone cabling removed. there are varios plastic connectors visible in the hall way. They want it all removed and a 1 new point run externally around the property to serve a sky+ box in their lounge.

Is the easiest way to do this

1. Remove existing dogs dinner
2. Run in new cabling externally and connect into back of BT master at one end and std BT point at other

If so what are the connections I need to make. (do I need 2 or 4 cores)

Funny never been asked to do this before

Regards

G

You need 3 cores ,, the master will have 2 and the secondary will have 3 (teminals 1 3 and 5)

There are two ways to run the telephone cabling to additional sockets - (1) from the BT master socket run cabling out to the additional sockets and make sure they are all master sockets with capacitors the connections for this style are in series across terminals 2 & 5. the second way would be to use 3 wires and Slave sockets on all other extensions forward of the BT master socket (without capacitors) and use terminals 2 & 5 & 3 (terminal 3 sends the ringing circuit round).

There are two ways to run the telephone cabling to additional sockets - (1) from the BT master socket run cabling out to the additional sockets and make sure they are all master sockets with capacitors the connections for this style are in series across terminals 2 & 5. the second way would be to use 3 wires and Slave sockets on all other extensions forward of the BT master socket (without capacitors) and use terminals 2 & 5 & 3 (terminal 3 sends the ringing circuit round).

OPPS 2 3 and 5 is so right , having a moment sorry

Reply to Phone cabling in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net