Discuss Phone Numbers on Van in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SW1970

Hi, newbie here. Just getting van sorted. Want to put phone numbers on van, question is which ones.

I've narrowed my options down to:

1. Geographic virtual number (with my home town std code) which I can easily fwd to the mobile, or

2. Same as (1) but with the mobile as well.

Any thoughts? For those that have both numbers on the van do you find that folks more likely phone the geographic number rather than mobile or the other way round?

Many thanks, SW

People normally phone the geographic number. I would put the geo number at the top, big, and maybe put the mobile number underneath, small. Don't just put a mobile number as some people are put off, but I would put both as some may prefer to ring the mobile, thus saving you the cost of a diverted call.

Agree with Rocker, many people myself included do not like to deal with only a mobile. Too many dodgy dealers about.

I think the answer also depends upon how often you change your mobile, and if you normally port your number to a new provider when you do so.
Me - I've had the same mobile no since ~ 1999 :)

I think the answer also depends upon how often you change your mobile, and if you normally port your number to a new provider when you do so.
Me - I've had the same mobile no since ~ 1999 :)

I've had the same mobile number (sort of) since 1994.. They only change was it used to start 08 and now starts 07.

I'd defiantly put a local number on no one likes mobs or 0845

there was a provider I think the number starts "0705" where the customer rings the number It tries 3 numbers you programe (Office,mobile.home) ONLY problem is it costs Customer ringing 50ppm you might get the call BUT no repeat when customer gets their bill

Hi, newbie here. Just getting van sorted. Want to put phone numbers on van, question is which ones.

1. Geographic virtual number (with my home town std code) which I can easily fwd to the mobile, or

Any thoughts? For those that have both numbers on the van do you find that folks more likely phone the geographic number rather than mobile or the other way round?

Many thanks, SW

you could get a 0845 or 03 number,both charged at local rates from landlines

Yeah have you considered what alarm man said?
I'm also looking at getting a 0845 and get it straight to mobile

i have a 0800 no. a 0191 no. and my mobile...!! majority of calls are via my mobile (if cust rings on mobile) or to my 0191 number... occassionally i get the odd call on 0800 no but its an option for them...

i only advertise my 0191 and mobile now as well....

Any of you got one of those Geographic virtual numbers? Seems like a good idea, get it directed to your mobile. Not very professional when your 8 year old daughter answers the phone to a customer!

i get all my calls handled at my call centre 24/7.....!

i then get emailed the customer details and required works and ring them back when i have 5 mins free to schedule them into my diary..

Many thanks, SW

Mate, my honest opinion would be to put the no. that you believe people would call you on at the top. For instance, if you only intend to work locally, then you should put a local no. to the area that you will be working in. However if you intend to work wherever it may take you; then personally I would put my main contact no. at the top and in slightly larger letters. There are PR firms out there who could offer you far more advice and knowledge than I could; and not necessary for a rip off price either. They could advise you on the best colour to paint your battle wagon, as well as what type of font to use for your advertisement.

i then get emailed the customer details and required works and ring them back when i have 5 mins free to schedule them into my diary..
Sounds good
What's it set you back though?

How much and what a good idea such a good idea I hit the response button twice

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Phone Numbers on Van in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock