Discuss Photocell sensor tracing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darpar

-
Reaction score
Hi. Amateur posting... I have a photocell sensor on the external wall of the property. Didn't appear to be controlling anything but looked ancient so Replaced it with a new one, expecting it to be controlling the outside porch light. Still nothing? Any ideas how I can trace what it could be feeding to? The two cables from the photocell appear to be going into the side of the house into the living room?

How many outside lights do you have installed? your best bet would be to employ an Electrician to sort out this problem, rather than going around replacing things that may not need replacing, a decent electrician should not have much of a problem sorting this out.

I was wondering i8f you can't find any outside lights it controls was your house ever a new development view /sales home and had floodlighting etc and was taken down and they just forgot it. Is it live ?.

Reply to Photocell sensor tracing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I just found this forum last night and figured I would post my issue since I can't find much out there with a similar situation. My job...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Need to replace an old Vent-Axia extractor fan as the pull chord no longer works. I bought this -...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock