Discuss Photometric Files for LED to regular flourescent tube comparison. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I think that title makes sense. ;)

Hi everyone, I'm Mike and I have a question with regards to my battle in trying to enlighten people, about how far LED technology has come on in recent months/years.

I have a client that I need to show photometric files to, comparing an 'old school' 5ft flo tube and the equivalent in LED. I have downloaded tons of *.IES files from supplier websites but these are usually poorly described on their file name and so it means a lot of time trying to sort through them all.

I have many documents and articles detailing the benefits of LED and more importantly some experience in the field but I have been asked to provide photometric files with the information on and this is something I cannot conjure myself.

Does anyone know of a resource that is easy to explore and would allow me to find the correct kind of tubes I am looking for, or even better does anybody possess two *.ies files for the two types of tubes I require? :)

I would be most grateful for any information you could provide.

Feels free to ask questions if that all came across as a lot of gibberish.

Thanks,

Mike

If you go to a manufacturers website and go to the specific product that you want to compare and download the single ies file for that product you can then rename it to reflect the information you want to know.
You would also need to know the fitting relating to the information you need so that you can get the appropriate file.
If you already have tons of files then when opening one of the files it should give you details of the luminaire and lamp you are viewing and you could rename the file to reflect this.

If you go to a manufacturers website and go to the specific product that you want to compare and download the single ies file for that product you can then rename it to reflect the information you want to know.
You would also need to know the fitting relating to the information you need so that you can get the appropriate file.
If you already have tons of files then when opening one of the files it should give you details of the luminaire and lamp you are viewing and you could rename the file to reflect this.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply.

I do have tons of files (probably too many!) As they were so poorly labelled I was just trying to avoid going through each and every one of them. That's not just me being lazy, its because I have a lot on at the moment and it would take time. :)

It is probably worth finding one product at a time as you have said. That should make things easier instead of downloading whole zip files!

Kind Regards,

Mike

Reply to Photometric Files for LED to regular flourescent tube comparison. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock