Discuss Photovoltaic panels for park homes in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thanks for replying, however their kits are for 12v supply.
I am looking for a full roof system as on a standard brick building.
My home is substantial, not a caravan. Although considered mobile it is not really meant to be moved once on site, as it has a brick skirt and attached to mains water, sewer and electric mains. It has a proper roof with trusses and metal tiles.
I use 24000KWH per year year and supplementing it with solar might be an option.

I've seen solar kits for preheating the radiator water of a park home so the boiler heats less, but not PV panels.
I cant see a problem installing them, but I don't think you would get a FIT payment.
Maybe the construction of the roof cant handle the extra weight?
Also, does the park owner allow such additions? It would be taking income from him if he charges you by a meter.

Can I ask if you use a lot of plug-in heaters?

I've had a lot of experience with static caravan owners saying their 16A supply had tripped. Centrally heated vans with LPG boiler, but they have half a dozen plug in heaters.
"Oh, we never use them" is the normal reply.

The other way you could use that much electric is cultivating plants if you know what I mean.

No plant cultivation!!! I know my electricity consumption seems high but I feel the cold badly so have the electric combi boiler on a lot. I also have a hot tub and heat my greenhouse in the winter. We also use the dishwasher, washing machine, drier and heated towel rails, steam shower and fridge freezer.
Power is supplied by utility company not via the park owner.

It may be that the roof is not strong enough but surely it could be strengthened.

If you get your electric direct from a supplier, then you should be able to get FIT before it’s stopped ( clocks ticking!)

Phone round other installers, I’m sure someone would do it.

You should find a local installer willing to do this. also have look at Solar Limpets. They work with tile and slate roofs and may be suitable for metal tiles id they are flat.

You should ask the manufacturer of your park if your home can take the added weight and withstand the windlift of solar panels. My guess is that they will say no.

You should also check with park management that they'd allow you to do it. I do quite a bit of work at a local park and they have really strict rules about what they can and cannot do.

I suspect the main problem will be wind lift as generally even large mobile homes have no foundations so are not tied to earth. I believe legally if a property has foundations it cannot be classed as mobile and different planning rules would apply.

Reply to Photovoltaic panels for park homes in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock