Discuss Picking up Work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just wondered of ways to drum up a bit of extra work at the moment. I have tried all the local estate agents/letting agents and have sent them website address plus a letter of introduction, they all said we will get back to you but as yet not heard anything.

Just wanted to get other peoples views if anyone is in a similar situation.

Thanks.

Make lots of friends, carry business cards everywhere and chat to everyone you meet and give them a card, tell everyone you know that you are now trading and to tell everyone that they know, leaflet/card dropping, ads in post office windows, ring every builder/kitchen fitter/conservatory firm in the yellow pages, stick cards in local hardware shop windows, if you know anyone with a shop or cafe then leave a pile of cards on the counter.
Most of these you have probably done, but it worked for me. Good luck!

Would agree with Johno about making friends.

I now have regular work from a plumber lad i've known for a while. Hes put a joiner in touch with me, who has then got me in with another plumber working for the local council redoing bathroom in the councils houses, so plenty of showers and extract fans for me there.

The other plus point is they also spread you name about in the trade and when at jobs.

Get well known at your local hire shop I pick up quite a bit of work from customers hiring equipment who ask them if they can recommend an electrician

Reply to Picking up Work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock