Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Pictures of bad installs wanted in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. MCS Renewables

MCS Renewables Solar Guru

We are building a website showing examples of appalling PV installations, if you have any pictures please email to us at [email protected] .

Thanks

2. SolarCity

SolarCity Electrician's Arms

I've got a few by me. I'll get some photos.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jigsoft

jigsoft EF Member

you are admitting you do bad installs?

4. danzor

danzor Forum Mentor

What's wrong with that? Just bill the customer again when you get called out again!

5. solarsavings

solarsavings Electrician's Arms

Things must be tough down your way.

6. MCS Renewables

MCS Renewables Solar Guru

We don`t have ANY bad installs but are starting a shadow company called Renewable-Rescue as so many people have appalling installations , with cheap POLY Chinese rubbish that we think there is a massive market over the next few years to put these right. Especially when the train jumpers sod off back to selling conservatorys, mobile phones and skateboards.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  7. Eco Deal

Eco Deal Electrician's Arms

oh dear !

8. babba

babba Regular EF Member

I love my double glazing and the salesman gave me a good discount. I dont think there are many bad installs out there.

9. Sunshine777

Sunshine777 Regular EF Member

Does this count?

IMG00244-20120219-1607.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. fiardor

fiardor Regular EF Member

Err does this count? PMSL :clown:

What%20on%20earth.jpg

11. fiardor

fiardor Regular EF Member

Err maybe Enecsys micro-inverters under panels?

Although cant see why they dont have more panels on the big roof you can see.

Have you seen the inverter?

Although unlikely you never know,

Panels are straight though LOL

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  12. screwdriver

screwdriver Electrician's Arms

I got two down our way which have been installed directly behind the chimney and get permanent shading on 2 or 3 panels all day! what I couldn't understand was one house had 6e 6w where it could have just had 12 on the east roof with zero shading. I keep on meaning to knock on the door and ask who did it......... I am sure it is sometimes down to customer preference but I feel sorry if these guys were poorly advised.

13. babba

babba Regular EF Member

This has to be the dodgiest install I've ever seen. I don't even think MCS Renewables could sort this out unless they went up there with a JCB and knocked the house next door down.

14. moggy1968

moggy1968 Electrician's Arms

WTF!!! PMSL!!
    and someone paid for this, OMG!!

15. solarsparkie

solarsparkie Regular EF Member

lol roof monkey had a bad attack of vertigo that day , still if there is a hurricaine in downtown brentwood next weekend he's going to look pretty smug !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.