Discuss Pictures of simple jobs done properly. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ended up re-terminating a DB after working on all but one of the circuits, made testing much easier. None of the neutrals or CPCs were in the correct terminals and most terminals were inaccessible as the cables went all over the place. I wish C50 boards were still made. The RCBOs all had really fast tripping times too.
View attachment 38128
The photo is a bit blurry, I must have been shaking with excitement.

Me like this.

Tel ! 3mm Earth sleeving !! Tut tut. :p
only size my local wholesalers stock. then you gotto buy 10m which then ends up as a complete mess in the van. finally got some 2mm of fleabay. can buy 10m or muliples thereof.

I'm quite happy to carry on with 3mm Tel, as long as it's not the rubbish stuff that creases all over the place. Tend to buy 100m at a time which you can get on a drum now, much tidier and you don't end up with umpteen ends on it. :)

Damn, lost the "after" photos somewhere, upgrading to new switches and redoing the patch panel cables at a company a few years back tidying up a load of comms rooms. The Fluke cable analyser was a godsend as it read the port and switch info.

Pictures of simple jobs done properly. IMG_4089.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Damn, lost the "after" photos somewhere, upgrading to new switches and redoing the patch panel cables at a company a few years back tidying up a load of comms rooms. The Fluke cable analyser was a godsend as it read the port and switch info.

View attachment 38531
do you get a jar of dolmio with that?

white bezel... YUK.

and a pendant behind the door would have been more fun. :D

oops. though that was a GU10.

Wrong, if the overload trips the bi-metallic contacts open and the 3 phases are broken.

It's good practice to break the aux control circuit at the same time thus de-energizing the contactor. Dependent on how the control system is wired it isn't an absolute must.

However there are other things wrong with that starter. I'm not going to go into them as most think it's nit picking.

I'd be interested to know what the nit picking is.

The Click scholmore ones ?,how did you find them. Anyway Tony Cable will be pleased as according to their website he has gone working for them. Nice looking job by the way.
Yeah all good mate... they done the job as was restricted because of the size of the hole. It's a nice job all round. I'll take a load of pics once complete and post them up....got over 40 RAKO lighting circuits, 12 RAKO blind circuits, 2500 meter of cat 6, 39 speakers controlled by sonos, texecom premier elite alarm, CCTV, honeywell evo home heating controls etc. All of the above is controlled through an app called simple control.

Reply to Pictures of simple jobs done properly. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock