Discuss Pilot Wire Controller in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

I am not an electrical expert but am trying to get my head around understanding what I now believe is called a pilot wire electrical heating system. I have 3 unbranded electric radiators attached to a pilot wire controller - Delta Dore Micro Driver Fil Pilote. It supports 2 zones but I think I only have one zone. The controller is having problems and it appears I need to replace it.

I am not having much success searching for a pilot wire controller/programmer. Is this what I should be searching for? If so, does anyone know if there is such a thing as a WiFi controlled controller? Hope this is something that this forum can help with.

Thanks!

I've fitted Rointe heaters which mention "pilot wire" in the instructions... but then say "not available in UK"
I guess its a continental thing.

Dimplex also do Pilot wire kit, if I recall you fit a pilot wire module in the heaters, and buy a pilot wire controller. No idea if they are compatible with your radiators. All I will say is I didn't find the Dimplex kit terribly reliable.

I've fitted Rointe heaters which mention "pilot wire" in the instructions... but then say "not available in UK"
I guess its a continental thing.

Yes it seems to be particularly a French thing. My unbranded radiators do say made in France on them and the controller is also made in France. No idea why the builders fitted them in my property but I think all flats in my block have the same thing.

Last edited:
Dimplex also do Pilot wire kit, if I recall you fit a pilot wire module in the heaters, and buy a pilot wire controller. No idea if they are compatible with your radiators. All I will say is I didn't find the Dimplex kit terribly reliable.

I have seen a Dimplex 4 zone controller which I might consider but quite expensive and seems a bit of an overkill for my 1 zone. Plus your comment has put me off a bit. I already have everything wired up so I believe I just need to replace the controller - assuming it is compatible with the wiring/heaters.

Thanks

Reply to Pilot Wire Controller in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock