Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Pir and switch setup in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. DAVIES12343

DAVIES12343 New EF Member

Hi I have 6 lights running of a pir currently but Want 3 of them to be able to run off a switch as well. Can any one advise on the best way to do so?? Thanks

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    you may need to split them into 2 sets of 3 and then add a 2nd PIR and switch to the set you want switchable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    I would split the circuit into the two groups of three and hard wire the three you want switchable to a switch with a contactor to bypass the switch with the contactor being driven by the PIR.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vortigern

Vortigern Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Try drawing out the circuit as it is then modify the drawing to get the desired result.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ackbarthestar

ackbarthestar Forum Mentor

Its quite straight forward, as long as you can get to the feed of three lamps. Once you have separated the 6 lamps into two separate sides, you'll need the feed to a SP2W switch and a 3-C sable from the switch to the 2nd PIR.
    I'll leave it to you work out the solution of the connections to the switch, PIR and lamps....