Discuss PIR and wildlife in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lionelmcc

After spending some time trawling the web, I have found I have found a vast range of IP rated outdoor PIRs from A fiver upwards.
Similarly I have found a fair range of animal immune sensors from around twelve quid - but none for outdoor use.

Suddenly were onto wireless systems costing hundreds and needing batteries

Animals, in my experience, are by nature outdoor creatures. Are manufacturers missing the point of outdoor PIR controlled lighting.

Methinks there is a niche in the market here.

Would an indoor PIR work inside an IP44 enclosure?

After spending some time trawling the web, I have found I have found a vast range of IP rated outdoor PIRs from A fiver upwards.
Similarly I have found a fair range of animal immune sensors from around twelve quid - but none for outdoor use.

Suddenly were onto wireless systems costing hundreds and needing batteries

Animals, in my experience, are by nature outdoor creatures. Are manufacturers missing the point of outdoor PIR controlled lighting.

Methinks there is a niche in the market here.

Would an indoor PIR work inside an IP44 enclosure?

are animal immune ones dual tech? i.e. a combination of microwave and infra red.

Micro wave would penetrate the plastic but the infra red would be severely limited if not stopped entirely.

You could always give them little umbrellas ;)

Reply to PIR and wildlife in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net