Discuss PIR carried out then CU changed. Do i complete EIC aswell? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Ryanw

Hello i was hoping someone could advise me on which way to go with this:

I carried out a PIR on a car garage and afterwards explained to the customer the observations/recommenations before i wrote the report up in which i recommended a CU upgrade as the old one had rewireable fuses, nothing labelled/marked up and multiple circuits crammed into each fuse as the board was at capacity.

The multiple circuits included 3 car ramps all on the same 3 phase 30A rewireables which meant if more than one were used at a time it would overload.

I suggested a CU change for a modern 24-way board so i could seperate the ramps onto seperate CB's and RCBO's for sockets etc which he went for and i have now installed so do i now need to produce an EIC for the board change aswell as my PIR?
Or since i have not yet completed the PIR form could i enter the new boards circuit details on the PIR to save completing a EIC aswell?

Whats confusing me on how i'd go about this is obviously all the characteristics have changed but i now have more circuits than before so would i need to re-test each circuit that i dont have results for?
When i did the PIR, i tested the multiple circuits in the fuses but just recorded the circuit with the highest readings/lowest for IR so if i now need to record all the details it means going back again which i have'nt priced for!

Sorry its a lot to read but i've tried to explain it clearly.
Appreciate any replies.

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically Yes you do. You should have done the pir and then that document is completed, no further work on the pir cert is then required.
Once you have changed the cu you must retest all the circuits, this is to prove that your work safe and everything has been connected correctly and you havent damaged any cabling or caused any faults during the cu change.
As for the characteristics, just enter the details of the new switch,cabling, Ze pfc, etc

As you have done the pir, at least you no where to test from, to get the same results.

Basically Yes you do. You should have done the pir and then that document is completed, no further work on the pir cert is then required.
Once you have changed the cu you must retest all the circuits, this is to prove that your work safe and everything has been connected correctly and you havent damaged any cabling or caused any faults during the cu change.
As for the characteristics, just enter the details of the new switch,cabling, Ze pfc, etc

As you have done the pir, at least you no where to test from, to get the same results.

I agree with blowcat, as a rule basically any work carried out whether you have tested before or not should be tested when you have finished the job and the appropriate test sheet filled in, this should really be included in your price.

To answer your question, anytime you change a board you MUST test it afterwards regardless of any tests carried out before you changed the board and remember to check your bonding if there is none you are legally required to put it in regardless of whether you have priced it or not. Basically if any fault happens and the place burns down etc you have a record of your work to prove that your installation etc was electrically sound without it you'll be sleeping with your bum against the wall for a long time!!

Ok thought that may be the case thanks for the replies, i'm going back to carry out some further work so i'll retest after this is carried out. I always check bonding before i get involved in any work so no worries there.

Ryan

Reply to PIR carried out then CU changed. Do i complete EIC aswell? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net