Discuss PIR Code 1 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

llywelyn111

Hi,

A friend of mine is selling his house, and the buyers have got a PIR of the house. I have been given a this PIR as he's had two C1 on the report. The first is the boiler is on a independent circuit wired in 1.5mm and on a 6amp MCB but at the spur it's protected by a 13amp fuse not 3amp.

C1 for the cooker hood cooker hood. It's wired off the ring to a swtiched spur, then 2.5mm T&E from the spur into a flex outlet. Now the cooker hood came with 1mm or .75mm pre wired flex, so it's got about 300mm of this pre wired flex from the hood to the flex outlet.

is the second one here really a C1

I've come across loads of boilers with a 13amp fuse in it. When I do PIR sorry EICR and I come across this (not sure if I'm doing this correctly) I don't give them a code and just change the fuse. I inform the customer and I show them me swapping the fuses over.

So much for the new system simplifying things.
Although, thinking about it who ever conducted the PIR, would probably have just used code 1 under the old system.
Whatever.
How can either of these cases be considered as being immediately dangerous?
Why has the cooker hood been coded, is it because there's a 13A fuse in the SFCU, or for some other reason?

So much for the new system simplifying things.
Although, thinking about it who ever conducted the PIR, would probably have just used code 1 under the old system.
Whatever.
How can either of these cases be considered as being immediately dangerous?
Why has the cooker hood been coded, is it because there's a 13A fuse in the SFCU, or for some other reason?

it's got to be the 13amp fuse with the 300mm of 1mm prewired cable to the Cooker hood.

code 1's for incorrect FCU fuses, what a plonker. sounds like the buyer has asaked him to make it llok as bad as possible in order to negotiate a price deduction.

Seems all your mate needs to do is swap 2 fuses.

Sounds like the 'buyer' & the 'spark' that carried out the report may know each other quite well and had some sort of thing going if a few quid could be knocked off the price.:dots:

As for the coding.........:icon_bs:

Hi,

A friend of mine is selling his house, and the buyers have got a PIR of the house. I have been given a this PIR as he's had two C1 on the report. The first is the boiler is on a independent circuit wired in 1.5mm and on a 6amp MCB but at the spur it's protected by a 13amp fuse not 3amp.
The whole circuit is protected by the 6 amp breaker so there is no need to fuse down, the fuse is redundant and the rating is immaterial. Probably not ideal in terms of good practice but regulations wise no code.
C1 for the cooker hood cooker hood. It's wired off the ring to a swtiched spur, then 2.5mm T&E from the spur into a flex outlet. Now the cooker hood came with 1mm or .75mm pre wired flex, so it's got about 300mm of this pre wired flex from the hood to the flex outlet.
So long as the flex to the hood is not hanging over the cooker and is protected from likely damage, with the fixed load of the hood on that flex this is complaint with the regulations. I woudl put an note on the report that the switched spur / flex outlet could be usefully changed to a 3A fused spur/outlet for additional safety but no code.
is the second one here really a C1
Certainly not C1, the very most you could get is C2 if you were being far too cautious. Would accept a C3 for the second one.

I would tend to agree that they know each other well.

In the 16th wasn't 1mm rated to 16amp if clipped direct or and I have just made that up? I'm sure it was if it was under a certain length.

Think i've just made that up

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to PIR Code 1 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net