Discuss pir code help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andrewcann

hi all have just done a pir on a 1st floor flat and not sure on some of the codes there is a socket in the garage and one in the entrent on ground floor with do not have a rcd and there is no sup bonding in bath room i think these are both code 1 not not 100% sure there is no rcd in board

lack of RCD protection is a code 4, unless there is a real and immediate danger. if the installation has been running for 30+ years without any problems, there is no immediate danger.the lack of supplementary bonding in a bathroom where there is no |RCD protection , i would consider as a code 2.

Reply to pir code help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all Called to do an EICR on a property 4 studio flats / bedsits within a single house. The t&e sub main to each flat runs within the fabric of...
Replies
Views
Hi all EICR today on a ground floor flat .. 1 issue .. At the consumer unit there was a 1mm core with its yellow (sleeved brown) in a 20A radial...
Replies
Views
Hi I am carrying out an EICR. I have a garage mini sub DB supplied via 2 x 2.5mm T&E equivalent 5.0mm protected at main DB by a 32A mcb. I know...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Im starting a re-wire of a top floor flat, they have run an 16mm T&E with a 6mm earth from the ground floor to the 3rd floor feeding the CU...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock