Discuss pir code in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
just carried out a pir on 3 bedroom semi hager split phase board rewired 2000 the instalation is of a good standard and all readings comply with bs7671 few problems found were 3 bedrooms upstairs all with brushed crome spots looked in loft neat job done with cabling all into lighting jbs but no earth to crome spots what code would you use for this was thinking of code 2 myself but looking to see what you guys think also in the garage which joins the house t&e cabling clipped direct to brick work before heading under floor boards am i being a bit fussy snagging this as there is no mechanical protection what code would you use for this or would you accept it

Yes think your right coding the class I fittings as a code 2. If the house was rewired in 2000 then I assume the cable would have a CPC in it, would it be much of a job to connect the CPC's up as a good will gesture.

On the T+E clipped direct, if you feel that it might be of risk of damage then yes you could code it, but if there is little chance of that then leave it.

yes malcom its t&e old colours think your right with garage will leave it gettin to keen suggesting putting it in plastic trunking etc will code spots a 2 and for a small charge will earth the spots good will dosnt pay bills lol

and some of the 230v spots are class II. i missed that on ist reading of the op.

some 230v spots are only 2 terminal. the lampholder is isolated from the metalwork of the fitting, so they are classII.

iv'e seen a lot with just 2 terminal block, but no double square, unless iv'e missed it. i just go by the 2 terminals. if there's no provision for terminating cpc to fitting then i just put the cpc in a 3A choc.block.

I hate fittings with only 2 terms even if the CPC isnt required there should still be provision to connect one even if just to keep continuity

I think it's not there for a reason, in case it confuses anyone. "This is a class II equipment and must NOT be earthed" are words you'll come across. Separate 3A chocolate block should save the day. Cheers

Even if the fittings are class II there still should be an earth at the point of termination as per reg 412.2.3.2, so if as the OP said they have been cut off, then it would be a code 4 for the class II fittings, and of course the original code 2 if class I

Reply to pir code in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net