Discuss PIR floodlight staying on in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have changed an old school PIR floodlight with a £15 screwfix LED PIR.

Just changed the fuse in the spur and it came on no bother but wont turn off. The instructions state 4 minutes.

Have read online to switch off for 10 seconds to reset it. when switched back on it stays on still.

Do i need to wait until it is dark to test?

could it be a dodgy light?

any advice most welcome.

Sam

Have you understood the instructions?

The instructions include:

IMPORTANT

When powered on from the mains the light will turn on for approximately 4 minutes. Avoid activating the motion sensor during this time. Should the light remain on for more than 6 minutes then motion is being detected, turn off the light for 10 seconds and on again. Once light goes out it will not turn back on until night time and motion is detected. TIP: Cover the light & PIR with a towel to avoid motion detection. Turn on the lightand allow it to turn off after 4 minutes then remove the towel.

IMPORTANT The light will remain on while motion is being detected, once motion stops the timer will begin and after approximately 4 minutes of no detection the light will turn off. Should motion be detected again the timer will reset. The light will not activate during daylight. Please wait until night time before fully testing

thanks Murdoch ...

ive done everything except covering it with a towel .... which i will now try ... I left it on for about 10 minutes whilst i waited inside...

thanks again Murdoch .... didnt see this until i wrapped it with a towel.... still on ....

turn it off an wait until its dark?

I would turn it n and go and have a cup of tea, making sure that nobody is in the activation zone.

Rhyming slang for LAP is ..............

you get what you pay for i spose ....

what make do you recommend to your customers? or use personally?

There are 3 other lights around the outside that i wish to replace at some point ....

Thanks again Fella

just done as instructed and went to check the light ... it is now off ...

thanks again Murdoch ....

Reply to PIR floodlight staying on in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock