Discuss PIR Observations & Recommendations in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

andyb

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've been asking for a while now for the installation certificate for work completed at our village social club, we rent a small part off the village hall and the village hall management had a pir undertaken in 2011 that resulted in a lot of work for the contractor.
Eventually I was handed an envelope over the weekend and was told that this is what I was asking for. When I opened it i found that they had given me the original pir.

I've posted the observations on here for any comments.

Still waiting for the certificate.

Thanks

Attachments

• img003.pdf
    903.9 KB · Views: 84
  • img002.pdf
    991.2 KB · Views: 55
I've put the reports up as JPEGs to make it easier to read.

Hopefully

Attachments

• PIR Observations & Recommendations PIR 1 - EletriciansForums.net
    PIR 1.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 63
  • PIR Observations & Recommendations PIR 2 - EletriciansForums.net
    PIR 2.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 37
No thoughts on this?
Well the contractor charged £2700 + vat for remedials,

Not sure what you want us to say. They did the EICR, they did the remedials...

Fair enough I suppose, especially as no one else has seen the place. I just wanted some comment on the coding.
Ie, code 2 for missing lables
Code Code 1 for under size bond to water 6mm instead of 10mm
Code 2 for gas bond not at meter, not sure what reg covers that
Giving a code just because a dist board is full up.
Plenty of others.
Just wanted others thoughts, that's all.

Call the original contractor and ask them the reasoning for each code? We can only speculate why they have coded it as such.

I think the time for that has passed Dillb, work completed & paid for a couple of years ago.
I'm just annoyed that the management committee with no experience at all of this type of work could not be bothered to get the advice of suitable experienced people in the village before going ahead with this sort of expenditure.

Seems to me from what I can see on the forms a conscientious job was done of pointing out items which needed putting right.
Are you more concerned about the cost of the remedial work?
Seems a high price but I do not know the setup.
If a price was given and accepted than your thoughts on the committee could be right. In their defence getting help for village hall/charity is near impossible.

Fair enough I suppose, especially as no one else has seen the place. I just wanted some comment on the coding.
Ie, code 2 for missing lables
Code Code 1 for under size bond to water 6mm instead of 10mm
Code 2 for gas bond not at meter, not sure what reg covers that
Giving a code just because a dist board is full up.
Plenty of others.
Just wanted others thoughts, that's all.

I think the time for that has passed Dillb, work completed & paid for a couple of years ago.
I'm just annoyed that the management committee with no experience at all of this type of work could not be bothered to get the advice of suitable experienced people in the village before going ahead with this sort of expenditure.

I'd agree. There's plenty of codes there I dont agree with. As an example, you can't C3 a CU/DB thats full. What Reg does that not meet! A C2 for missing labels, really!? Lack of bonding on water according to ESF guidelines is a C2, not a C1. Bid it need bonding? Was the incomer in plastic? What tests were done?

As others have said I can't really comment on the cost of the remedial work without seeing schedule and what the £2700 related to.

Having a quick glance apart from a couple of wrongly coded items(In my opinion) then all seems to be worthy of remedial work needing undertaken.
£2700 may seem a lot BUT....I wonder if the place was in a right old mess electrically wise. Plus there is reference to at least 6 DB's there. Also reference to a circuit going nowhere lol.....It "may" be the fact that the quote was high to reflect the "what are we letting ourself in for" type of scenario......Social clubs/pubs are notorious for having had bits added by every tom dick and harry.
Maybe you should ask to see the quote for remedials and see what exactly they quoted for....Factor into the equation that the price of the EICR would be a tad more than £50 and a pack of peanuts for such an installation with 6+ DB's.

Then the "introduction" of the EICR was "deferred" for 12 months because it allowed the scams to sell off their stocks of PIR blank forms...

Reply to PIR Observations & Recommendations in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock