Discuss PIR Querey. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

shadewakka

Has anyone ever encountered or had to go rectify any work by them?

I just had a job to do a visual inspection on a tenants house owned by the Local Council, recently had a PIR carried out by *****, i found..

Duel Light Switch wires left unconnected so the switch was not working.
Single Kitchen socket left unsecure with access to energized parts.
a second socket left unsecure
Living area double socket face severly cracked the metal components inside deteriorated and falling apart, CPC not connected althought it was present.

2x lighting switches fixed using single core wires

Electrical equipment installed in bathroom Zone1 unknown ip rating

Fuse spur in bathroom unable to secure properly due to the plastic screw fixing snaped

Upstairs bedroom socket not Earthed although earth present

Upstairs landing socked face severly crakced

Switched fuse spur in airing cupboard supplying boiler severly cracked leaving huge chunks of the box missing leaving access to the energized parts

General non conformity to BS7671, This is a house recently had a rewire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Kier Building maintenance

A local council property?
Say no more. I found very similar faults to these in a council house I inspected which had just been rewired. That was back in the 1970s, so it would seem nothing much has changed.

Whats to say the council havent approved the remedial works discovered from the PIR?

Or the tenant has caused the damage themselves after the PIR?

I'm a little confused by your post TBH, are you saying that KIER have recently carried out a PIR and now you have been asked to do a visual inspection???

They may not have done anything wrong as the remedials found on the original PIR may not have been actioned by the council.

Or are you saying that KIER have just done the re-wire and left this mess???

Apologies if I have the wrong end of the stick.

Full rewire was carried out before the tenant moved into the property, two days after the tenant moved in the PIR was carried out, as there was a change of tenant etc.. all well and good, apart from the work carried out and the state the electrics were left in.

londonlec the tenant of the property is a friend of mine, i was asked to carry out a visual inspection which i found the above, the tenant does not want to pay for the remedial work to be carried out by myself which is fair enough since the council can do it for free.

Im sure when the KIER spark did the pir he should have picked up on the above, and be on the report correct me if i am wrong?

I have advised the tenant to request the PI report from the council.

If the faults were present at the time of the original PIR then yes, they should absolutely have been highlighted.

As I said, it may be the council that haven't actioned the remedial work so dont be so quick to jump all over another spark without ALL the info to hand.:stooge_curly:

Also, best of luck trying to abtain a copy of the PIR from the council......I wouldn't hold your breath.

Why have you mentioned the company who has done the PIR? I feel this is highly inappropiate.
From what you have loosley explained they have done exactly what was asked of them, but it reads as though you have a complaint against then.....or was it the property was perfect before the pir and they left it in a poor condition.

explain what you really mean to ask?

As for requesting the PIR from the council I dont see why you need it. Its their property, they paid for it and they almost cetainly wont issue you a copy.
Bear in mind it could take 14 days for the PIR to reach the council, a further 5 days for it to be read and then a few more days for the work to be actioned (a few days being 5-90 days).

Last edited by a moderator:

Why have you mentioned the company who has done the PIR? I feel this is highly inappropiate.
From what you have loosley explained they have done exactly what was asked of them, but it reads as though you have a complaint against then.....or was it the property was perfect before the pir and they left it in a poor condition.

explain what you really mean to ask?

I agree. They have done a PIR, as they have been asked. So the problem lies with the council.

I used to work for the council as a charge hand, and I can tell you if it is any think like the one I worked for the PIR will not be read and even the person who reads the certificate will not know what he is look at.

I believe that they may be some council who have a good control but that my be rear.

Reply to PIR Querey. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock