Discuss PIR REPORTS CAN STILL BE USED UP TO 1st JUNE 2012 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

baldsparkies

I know I am involved on other threads regarding this subject, but just wanted everyone to know that I have spoken to NICEIC technical.
They have informed me that due to implementation problems regarding the new EICR. A new mandatory date of June 1st 2012 has now been set for the new (EICR) certs.
Until that time you can still use the PIR. And inform your customers clients that changes are under way.
By the time June 1st is here they hope that most of the supply and implementation problems will have been sorted.
I did say this is exactly what should have happened in the six months leading up to 1st january, unfortunately thats in the idea world.
So there it is, by all means check for yourselves, but thats from the proverbial horses mouth.
He did say that to date no info is on any websites regarding this. (Well thanks to Electricians Forums It is now) lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PIR REPORTS CAN STILL BE USED UP TO 1st JAN 2012

So we could use PIR up to 10 days ago? .....................was that meant to be 1st Jan 2013

Sincere apoligies to all. That should read 1st of JUNE 2012. 1st Jan 2012 was the proposed date. And the one that until my call to the NICEIC, I thought still stood. I have now edited my original post.
Its confusing enough without me adding to it, so once again, sorry for that lads.

Hi baldsparky, i too am a fellow baldy :)

Is that just the Nic registered people or from the IET?

Elecsa are saying that the EICR has to be implemented as of 1st Jan 2012

Hi baldsparky, i too am a fellow baldy :)

Is that just the Nic registered people or from the IET?

That is from planet NICEIC.
What other scheme providers have chosen to do in there ultimate wisdom is not known to me.
You would be fogiven for thinking that these amazing organisations would have pulled there resources and all be batting on the same side.
Alas, when or why would we ever expect such common sense action from these people.
That would require communication between them, and thinking about our position as sparkies in the field.
48 years I have been in the trade, and still no improvement to be seen in the way these situations are thrown at us.
Sad, very sad.
And just wait and see how complex and confusing this so called simplified time saver will become. Mark my words well boys. mark them well.

Typical fast reactions ... hand break turn the NICEIC supertanker ... they only had a years notice of the changes!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread beggers belief.

If Elecsa, NAPIT and NICEIC can't agree on what the regs say what hope have we sparkies got and lets not forget that Joe Public needs to understand them too!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually has anybody asked Napit what they think is the date for implementing the EICR's?

This thread beggers belief.

If Elecsa, NAPIT and NICEIC can't agree on what the regs say what hope have we sparkies got and lets not forget that Joe Public needs to understand them too!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually has anybody asked Napit what they think is the date for implementing the EICR's?

Is it any wonder why we think the whole thing is a joke lets face it when there is a review on they are like bees around a honeypot when we ask who is responsable for this they duck for cover. Too many cooks come to mind

Reply to PIR REPORTS CAN STILL BE USED UP TO 1st JUNE 2012 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net