Discuss Pir in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Edd

A phone call from one of our sparks doing a PIR on an empty property, he says theres a PV system here, what do I need to test as part of the PIR!
I wasnt sure, its somthing ive thought about but never got around to looking at. So my question for all you lovely people is on a normal PIR that has a PV system, what should we be looking at and testing and does the PV system have any seprate test cert needed??
Thanks
ed

I'd expect most electricians would test and inspect the AC side to the isolator and add the DC side to any limitations though as you know, these should be agreed with the client prior.

Reply to Pir in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, This relates to our planned PV installation. The G99 application came back outside SSEN's limit for voltage rise, which for property connected...
Replies
Views
Driven by the recent colossal hikes in the cost of electricity I hit upon the wizard wheeze of replacing some of the existing LED bulbs in our own...
Replies
Views
Was having a look at our gas and electric bills today, and its getting depressing. I would like to keep using our appliances as and when we...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've just moved in to a new property with "all electric" heating system and trying to figure it out. The agency/landlord are of no help so...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a UK customer that has an agricultural building that will have a Diesel TPN generator supplying a corn dryer electrical installation...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock