Discuss PL Insurance in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
First post so please be gentle

Just took out £2M PL insurance with Simply Business today.

Price was good (less than £100). Process was easy with no hidden restrictions (i.e. 3phase) and also no gimmicks (i.e free tool cover and PI insurance).

Better still - if you say i recommended you we both get £25! Result!:smile5:

PM me if you want an instant discount

Too late mate, I already got mine through them. But I never realised until 4 months later that I wasnt covered for 3 phase which was bad coz at that time, thats all I was working on.lol I soon changed it and up graded it to £5M PLI for an extra £30/40.

Yes.... ensure you read the terms and cover of your PL insurance...you must notify all aspects of your work or you may find your insurance isn't worth the paper it was printed on mine is about £700 but has a few extra's but covers me for my machinery repairs and upgrades which isn't cheap to insure.

Id get 5million as a minimum but 10million if you intend to work for the local council as some require this as minimum cover.

Reply to PL Insurance in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Afternoon all, and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but a search didn't bring anything up. Just a quick heads up to anyone...
Replies
Views
Hello i've recently just had a re wire done on a three bed semi house, Ive noticed a few things im not 100 percent on ive spoken to the firm that...
Replies
Views
Is there a room in professional PAT testing for a business model other than 'per unit'? I ask because I've been giving this some thought. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just about to renew my insurance, for PL and PI and Tools. I am currently with Ageas via the NICEIC, and with the above, i also get £100k of...
Replies
Views
Right, a few years back when I moved in with my partner, we had many problems with the oil boiler & central heating system which my partner had...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock