Discuss places youd rather be than work in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
places youd rather be than work {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
gets me through the day sometimes be there soon ha ha irish bar in lanzarote

well show us or tell us yours e54 easily pleased me lanzarote cheep ale and sunny

For just kicking back and relaxing, you'd have to go a long way to better Penang (Malaysia)... And yes all your Irish beverages are all freely available and cheaper than anywhere in Spain... getting there however won't be!! lol!!

Antisamos beach in kefalonia for me. Although i've to settle with Cyprus this year (too near to Syria for my liking though)

Antisamos beach in kefalonia for me. Although i've to settle with Cyprus this year (too near to Syria for my liking though)

Cyprus may just as well be a million miles away from Syria, you have absolutely nothing to worry about whatsoever!!

At least from the end of April beginning of May through to October you are guaranteed clear sunny days and no rain!! ...lol!!
July and September can be uncomfortably humid, day and night and not the best time (in my opinion) to visit Cyprus....

Think its larnaca i'm off to, never been to cyprus before.
went to Almeria last year, and god are the spanish rude down there, i'd never go again.

Cyprus is a real nice place heading over there later this year got engaged married and nearly brought a place there once been all over Cyprus but prefare the pathos area

The one area i tend to stay well clear of!! Full of aging Brit's that continually complain of their ailments. Not surprisingly really, they came to Cyprus when they retired bought properties at the top or on the side of steepish hills, without any thought of them getting older. Now after several years have gone by, some now unable to drive, they can walk down to the paper shop at the bottom of the hill to pick up their Sun/Mirror newspapers but can hardly get back up to their house/villa. lol!! It's like little Britain in Cyprus full of old people in multiple clicks wanting to stick together and play bingo. The only thing it has going for it, is that it has an airport!! lol!!

Not too keen on Limassol much either, much prefer the coastline between Larnaca to paralimani onwards... Where my house is, i can get to Nicosia in 35 mins, Limassol in 40mins, centre of Larnaca in 15 mins, Airport in 10 mins and anywhere along the southern coastline all the way through to North Cyprus border within or just over the hour....

Think its larnaca i'm off to, never been to cyprus before.
went to Almeria last year, and god are the spanish rude down there, i'd never go again.

A little advice, hire a car either for odd day's or for the time in Cyprus (not from the airport i might add lol!!) Public transport is sparse, it basically consists of buses and taxi's, (no trains or metro's on the island) so if you want to see anything of the island you really do need a car.

The Cypriots are basically the complete opposite of your experiences in Spain, they are rarely rude, in fact are very friendly and most can speak English. Oh, and Don't change your money up in the UK (ok maybe bring say 50 euros with you, depending on what time you arrive in Cyprus) bring you're pounds to Cyprus and change it at the numerous money exchangers, not at the Cypriot banks where you'll be offered often a lower rate and get charged a commission fee. The money exchangers offer you a better rate and no commission charges....

So, what hotel are you staying at, or have you rented a villa for your stay??

Forgot to say, they drive on the same side of the road as the UK!! lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thanks for the info, It's hotel Atlantica club sungarden beach we'll be staying at.
I think it's actually in Ayia Napa.

Reply to places youd rather be than work in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock