Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Planning permission in the Business Related area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Plonker 3

Plonker 3 Guest

I am in the process of looking at what planning permission in my area has been granted recently and writing a letter of introduction about my business to them about potential work I could do for them. Who should I address the letter to the architect or the person who wants the works carrying out as I know sometimes the architect will do all the work rather than the client.

2. cook1e

cook1e Regular EF Member

I currently have a planning application in with my council, I have received numerous letters offering labour materials etc, all posted to my house, problem is I am on the MPS list so I will report them all

Martin

3. Plonker 3

Plonker 3 Guest

Thankyou for not answering the question.

Just out of interest all the information has been obtained via a public list available to anyone and not a mailing list which I believe is different.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cook1e

cook1e Regular EF Member

let me explain it then, "the letters came to me, to my house"

Martin

5. JD6400

JD6400 Trusted Advisor

Bit harsh there fella !:2guns:

I can understand doing that to the multi nationals who should know about the MPS , but to do it to the one band operators trying to just put food on the table who would have never of heard of it is another thing I reckon !:santa3:

Just to make it clear , we never have or never will cold call !

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  6. hermetic

hermetic Regular EF Member

MPS/TPS only monitor firms who are registered in their scheme, ie bulk mail companies, when you sign up with them, the bulk mailers will stop sending you mailouts/cold calls, it doesnt apply to local one off mailings, so reporting them would be pointless.

7. Christhesparky

Christhesparky Electrician's Arms

Was thi king of doing the same thing, has anyone got a letter template that i could adapt, thanks

8. drew35

drew35 Guest

Answering the original post. I would address the home owner, all the jobs I get involved with that require planning consent seem to be carried out by the owner, there's no architect involved. Or they do the drawing but have no further involvement. Anyway its the home owner paying the bills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.