Discuss Plasterers it’s your job!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cadgey123

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I remember when trades were nice to each other on site and looked out for their fellow comrades.
Yes there is a single box that needs to be used beneath that finishing plaster.

They would plaster round a window to a good standard, so why not a socket box neatly :mad:

A0F4E39E-B244-4F0B-8811-4EDFA7274018.jpeg

I remember when trades were nice to each other on site and looked out for their fellow comrades.
Yes there is a single box that needs to be used beneath that finishing plaster.

They would plaster round a window to a good standard, so why not a socket box neatly :mad:

View attachment 38744
Not hard to find is it?

My Father once had issues with plasterers who thought it was a great joke to plaster over boxes so that they could not be seen. Knowing that a box had been deliberately plastered over he drew a line across the wall at the center height of the box, then with his lump hammer and bolster chipped his way out from the corner till he found the box. Plasterers then had to repair the damage, they did not do it again.

Have to find a single back box tomorrow that has been covered in 1 layer OSB board, 1 layer coreboard,1 layer soundblock board and then tiled. Will draw round a backbox for the tiler to cut his tile like I have done a few times on this job then use a multi-tool to cut through the rest. Have normally been accurate to within about 20mm everytime so far so have pushed a skeleton (extender) box in and screwed diagonally into the OSB board. Not blaming the tiler who has been very good at coming back and cutting the tiles for me, but the dryliners who work on price and try to tell me I put the box there after they had boarded over it. @rseh0les - rant over!

Reply to Plasterers it’s your job!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net