Discuss Plasterers it’s your job!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

This is why I always cover my boxes with brown packaging tape at the end of 1st fix. Plaster doesn't stick to it that we'll, and they can't full the box up. Makes it easier for me to get a nice clean box, and the plasterers love it cause they can skim straight over the top of it.

A lot of other trades can be kn0bs, but I belive we should help each other out where we can. So a bit of tape on a box helps us both have an easy day!

Best way to get back at them is to throw a handful of sharp sand in the mix and give it a stir, and walk away whistling
Or you could carefully slit the bottom of their plaster bags with a sharp knife, so when they pick it up, it all comes out in a big plooomf of dust!!

Or you could carefully slit the bottom of their plaster bags with a sharp knife, so when they pick it up, it all comes out in a big plooomf of dust!!

I used to do this all the time when I worked on high volume sites. I was always on price and wouldn't see a penny if I had to locate plastered boxes. In the end we just used to take a hammer to walls and laugh it off. Probably cut close to a pallet full of bags. Plasterers/Liners are the appitimy of stupid and lazy.

Had exactly the same this week. 8 sockets in a kitchen and every single one plastered over and took me ages to dig it all out. So next time I chase and run cables I'm going to leave them live so every time the plasterer goes near it he gets a shock. Might keep him away from the socket :)

This is why I always cover my boxes with brown packaging tape at the end of 1st fix. Plaster doesn't stick to it that we'll, and they can't full the box up. Makes it easier for me to get a nice clean box, and the plasterers love it cause they can skim straight over the top of it.

A lot of other trades can be kn0bs, but I belive we should help each other out where we can. So a bit of tape on a box helps us both have an easy day!

If I chase I always fill with bonding plaster to help them out when it comes to plastering takes me 5 mins and speeds their job up but I will defo be using the brown tape method from now on ;-)

I think they're demonstrating a worst-case scenario here and showing you what to do should the plasterer ignore your explicit instructions that the box not be skimmed, in which case the guidance suggested in post numbers 9, 13, 15 and 21 is then acted upon.

Reply to Plasterers it’s your job!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock