Discuss plastic conduit bends? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PEM

Guys, as guidelines state that inner radius of a conduit bend should be a minimum of 2.5 X the diameter of the conduit diameter what on earth can you use the "right angled" plastic conduit bends that are sold??

Never see them used. Inspection elbows, yes, but never installed them. Only used through boxes TBH.

Plastic conduit is so easy, i can't believe this question came up...

Don't let it keep you up tonight love!

My point being the 90 degree inspection bend appears contrary to the 2.5 x radius guideline.

As for love sorry its far too soon for me !

I'm sure if it was a major problem it would of reared its ugly head before now and the company that manufacture them would of thought twice about making them, just roll with it and worry about something else.

Yes, but it's a curve - not a 90 degree right angle 'corner'. You could describe the bigger 'inspection elbows' as 90 degrees by your reasoning. (the OP I mean). Daz

I was using inspection bends, or elbows as we knew them, 45 years ago and as far as I know the radius of manufactured bends hasn't changed over all that time.
Someone would have noticed if they didn't conform.

And conduit has changed from Imperial to Metric as well in that time.

What I mean is that it's the inner radius that's the important figure. What's the inner bend radius of your 20mm right angle conduit bend. Daz

Niciec picked me up on it on a recent inspection . Wasn't a big issue but under BS 7671 he quoted 522.8.3. And the on site guide table D3 note 3. Been using the stuff for years never an issue but under this note which states "the radius of a conduit bend should not be less than 2.5 times the outside diameter of the conduit". On the 20mm I was using this is 50mm inner radius which the right angled bends sold clearly are not. Maybe I should get a life!! Regards

Reply to plastic conduit bends? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net