Discuss plastic conduit cutters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Junior Hacksaw.... plastic conduit cutters were a solution for a problem that never existed well unless your incapable of cutting straight in the first place :wink_smile:

Junior Hacksaw.... plastic conduit cutters were a solution for a problem that never existed well unless your incapable of cutting straight in the first place :wink_smile:
correct, correct and correct again dark....
easy option for them that cant use handtools rite (saws etc)....
quite sad really....

Have to laugh at all this stick with the junior hacksaw. Nothing wrong with a pair of conduit cutters. Clean cut and quick. Sometimes you have to move with the times.

no mess though mate you have to move with the times or are you still using the the bit and brace drill ?
bit n brace.....summat else you can`t use then eh?....
don`t tell me...let me guess...er..no!!
and while were at it n all....whats wrong with a bit n brace eh?.....at least with that you can actually feel what your doin.....important that is sometimes fella....

I find them useful when I've brought a conduit from under the screed to the underside of a kitchen island, I normally leave the conduit too long, and once the island is in place can't get to it with a junior hacksaw. Also the conduit cutters will cut through the conduit, but not the cable inside.

bit n brace.....summat else you can`t use then eh?....
don`t tell me...let me guess...er..no!!
and while were at it n all....whats wrong with a bit n brace eh?.....at least with that you can actually feel what your doin.....important that is sometimes fella....
I did not say i could not use either the saw or the bit and brace,
So lets not get silly, whats good for one is not good for someone else its all about your choice hey ?

I find them useful when I've brought a conduit from under the screed to the underside of a kitchen island, I normally leave the conduit too long, and once the island is in place can't get to it with a junior hacksaw. Also the conduit cutters will cut through the conduit, but not the cable inside.
You sound like your on about pipe cutters that you roll around the pipe as its sharp wheel cuts in... im more inclined to believe the majority here are relating to the large hand hand tool that you squeeze the handles to have the blade slice straight through...
They add weight and take up space in the tool box in my opinion that is best used for essential tools especially while you have another tool to do the same job, as for getting stradly bits of plastic out of carpet i would of assumed putting something down to catch the waste wouldn't be beyond any sparkies thinking.
Agree occasially roller cutter can get into spaces where hacksaw cant but i use one of my other essential tools - a tape measure ;) to get it right first time.

Reply to plastic conduit cutters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net