Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss PLC Courses in South East any recommendations ? in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. AJshep

AJshep Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Andrew Shepherd Electrics
    For a while now I've been interested in PLCs (installing and programming) and I've had quite a few instances where they would have come in useful. Unfortunately trying to get any information anywhere is like getting blood from a stone, it seems to be a guarded secret !

I've done a fair bit of research, and have installed various Loxone systems which is a PLC but the trouble is these systems are aimed at the smart home industry they have their own simplified programming tool, and a built-in GUI but the cost of these are considerably more.

I understand most PLC have their own courses but has anyone gone on any training courses ? or even if anyone could offer any advise it would be appreciated, im in the South East but if I have to travel then so be it.
    Thanks In advance !

And sorry about my spelling and grammer.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. Spud28

Spud28 Active EF Member

Opensoft systems run training courses but tbh if your not programming/ faultfinding regularly it is easy to spend money only to forget what you've learned. Speak to them is best, courses aren't cheap but I learned a lot (And consequently forgot) but they do give you information to take with you if you wanted to refresh.

• Like Like x 1