Discuss Plc software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DM7.ENG

Hi

Does anyone know where I can download free PLC Programming Software. Not Looking to Download to PLC just looking for something I can practice on and write a program for a forthcoming project. Tried the micrologix demo but it expires after 2weeks and wasn't great anyway. Step 7 would be ideal however, doubtful there would be a free version.:sick:

Thanks

All depends on what your wanting to achieve.

There is free software about, but only really for basic PLCs, well more like programmable relays.

I half suspect if the OP is looking to practice and is not sure where to find it then he's after the Micro- PLC software ... or programmable relays as Rob states.

Zelio Logic - Schneider Electric Corporate

Is is a common brand but may have issues with Windows 8 as support is only upto 7 although I have no issues to press with 8 except on exporting to plc

can practice on an Arduino/PIC platform... free and you can get development board with set of inputs and outputs for a couple of quid.
Once you have your code up and working will be easy to rewrite it onto a plc device .

can practice on an Arduino/PIC platform... free and you can get development board with set of inputs and outputs for a couple of quid.
Once you have your code up and working will be easy to rewrite it onto a plc device .
there are a lot of different models.

have a look on element14 or eevblog they are electronics forums and they both will have reviews and guides to using/wiring plc's on there.

dave from the eevblog has a youtube channel and posts a lot and explains things etc. i have learned a lot from there especially electronic parts and fpga's they are both very useful sources.

ben heck also has a lot of video guides on youtube "the ben heck show" they used to be on revision3 website

Reply to Plc software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net