Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss PLC training in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. antlewis

antlewis Guest

I'm a fully qualified sparky, but I've never worked on PLCs and haven't got a clue how install or programme one.

I've done a lot of industrial maintenance work, but so far I've only worked on machines that rely on banks of relays for their operation.

I want to add some PLC knowledge to my skills set because it looks like I'll be moving in the near future (possibly to Canada).

Can anyone recommend a good website/book/course or centre where I can get some information or industry recognised qualifications?

I'd just like to know where to start really!

Thanks

2. Guest123

Guest123 Guest

3. antlewis

antlewis Guest

Thanks Lenny,

I've seen that site. Have you used it as a resource and if so, is it good value for money?

4. Astro800

Astro800 Guest

This is something I need to get up to speed on too :icon9:

5. aiden251181

aiden251181 Guest

i've done 3 courses on siemens plc's from sitrain in manchester i would definately recommend them. if you can use the siemens plc's all others will be a lot easier to use, fault find and program. i started doing the s7-200 plc course then progressed to the s7-300 group of courses. i had knowledge of plc's before using allen bradley and mitsubishi's. but on the courses there were lads that had never used them and by the end of the week everyone was at a similar stage of knowledge. also theyre website and tech support is very good. (i dont work for siemens even though i sound like im a salesman for them).

regards

chris

6. Astro800

Astro800 Guest

I will check that out, thanks for the info. I've heard that about Siemens PLC's

7. antlewis

antlewis Guest

Thanks Chris, that's great info. I'm based in the north west, so Sitrain looks like a good option.

8. jarlinjack

jarlinjack Guest

According to my view, PLC means Programmable Logic Controllers, This highly innovative CD-ROM program combines advanced PLC simulation with one of the best-selling PLC books in history. The Programmable Logic Controllers CD-ROM will provide the basic technical skills and knowledge necessary to work with electrical control systems typically found in an industrial environment. Many institutes provide PLC training at different stages. Please produce some more attachments about the topic for view detail information.

Conflict Resolution training
    presentation skills courses

9. jarlinjack

jarlinjack Guest

PLC means Programmable Logic Controllers, This highly innovative CD-ROM program combines advanced PLC simulation with one of the best-selling PLC books in history. The Programmable Logic Controllers CD-ROM will provide the basic technical skills and knowledge necessary to work with electrical control systems typically found in an industrial environment.

presentation training courses
    Assertiveness training