Discuss "Please could you quote to put right my 2 way switching" in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cbw

-
Reaction score
"I also occasionally get a shock from the switch.

The landlords 'handy man' came and put a junction box on the upstairs light as the switch was broken and also replaced the downstairs switch with one he had in his van"

SPOT THE LETHAL ERROR!!!!!!!!!.
"Please could you quote to put right my 2 way switching" {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
"Please could you quote to put right my 2 way switching" {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Attachments

• "Please could you quote to put right my 2 way switching" 14 - EletriciansForums.net
    14.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 84
  • "Please could you quote to put right my 2 way switching" 5 - EletriciansForums.net
    5.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 81
  • "Please could you quote to put right my 2 way switching" 9 - EletriciansForums.net
    9.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 86
  • "Please could you quote to put right my 2 way switching" 6 - EletriciansForums.net
    6.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 77
.. The cpc with the red sleeving connected to the bare one in the JB?
It's not the old
2 core + earth = 3 core
3 core is used for 2 way lighting
setup is it?

think novus is right. cpc used as line conductor. and is that cable bodged into the side of the switch shorted out to the faceplate/backbox?

Im assuming the "landlords" handyman is now the landlords "Sairbollixman"? he would be if it was my house he had done that in

Yep, cpc as 3rd core, then sleaved green and yellow at switch and connected to the earth terminal!!!!!!!

Only thing saving him was a good quality carpet underlay!

unbelieveable. unless, of course, the rent was in arrears

unbelieveable. unless, of course, the rent was in arrears

I've been on a business course for the last 2 weeks. One of the things the rest of the group said about becoming an electrician was proving you aren't a cowboy. So i asked them why....half the clas had stories of how so called "electricians" had left there houses unsafe and that they will never fully trust an electrician again.....

This is the reason why....& this is the reason domestic installer courses and define scoped scheme memberships need to be stopped....

Reply to "Please could you quote to put right my 2 way switching" in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock