Discuss Please help Is it a Tncs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Im going to be perfectly blunt here... put the cover on and let somebody who knows what they are doing do the job...
The fact you come on here asking is i suppose one redeeming feature but by asking you are showing you are out of your depth as thats a 'Ryefield board' (other brands available) and used to distribute an incoming supply to individual units or most likely in your case flats. - there are what appears to be stickers for individual meters directly above dated feb of this year?? The sticker if installed correctly is a big give away in my opinion as its very rare these days to get a new connection from a dno in any reasonably large town that is not pme. but call the dno.
Being it is so new looking why not ring the DNO and ask?? as opposed to probing things or taking the covers off things you ought not to.
Also be careful as in some buildings that ryefield and stuff upto the meter or individual cut out is the property of the dno or building owner... they can get a bit funny about people touching it.
might not be what you want to hear but you need to go careful

SHUT THAT DOOR!

larry_grayson_shut_that_door.jpg

I will ring try to find out where the earthing conductor coming from. DNO (Northern Power Grid) said they not storing information about earthing system. Is there a different way to find out without visiting a site?

Maybe I am being a bit harsh, its been a long week of work... I have done 43 hours this week... this working for a living dont agree with me! in any case shut the door its friday and clocking off time
zpq8zt.jpg

Maybe I am being a bit harsh, its been a long week of work... I have done 43 hours this week... this working for a living dont agree with me! in any case shut the door its friday and clocking off time
zpq8zt.jpg
43 hours??? what you going to do weekend to make it up to a full week? :D:D:D.

TNCS - If you enlarge the image you can see that the N terminal block, the E terminal block, the incomers combined NE and the earth connection bottom right are all bonded together by aluminium bars. The incomer is 3 lines surrounded by multiple copper providing combined NE. Plus, there is a label on the N terminal block 'DISCONNECT FOR SNE' at the point where it is bonded to the vertical earth bar - in this installation it has not been removed.

TNCS - If you enlarge the image you can see that the N terminal block, the E terminal block, the incomers combined NE and the earth connection bottom right are all bonded together by aluminium bars. The incomer is 3 lines surrounded by multiple copper providing combined NE. Plus, there is a label on the N terminal block 'DISCONNECT FOR SNE' at the point where it is bonded to the vertical earth bar - in this installation it has not been removed.

If it is, I hope the combined neutral/earth arrangement, is not reliant on that copper cable loosely wrapped around the concentric neutral or sheath?

Reply to Please help Is it a Tncs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net