Discuss Please help me im so so confused in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

350skabarat

Hey guys. . .im new here. . From south africa infact. Was wondering if u guys could assist me cause i dnt know much bout electrical things. Ok i got a yamaha banshee. Its a quad, ok now i wanted to put a temp guage on. So i bought a electrical 1. Big mistake! Haha. Ok anyways so i installd it and wired it to what use2 be my lights. The power is from the magneto through a 12v regulator and the output is ac. Ok and the bike dsnt hav a battery so if u rev it up the voltage goes up and when its idling its at about 10v. Now the gauge dsnt say if its ac or dc but its used in cars so im guessing its dc. So i was wondering what would hapen if i put in a rectifier to convert to dc. Would that work? Oh and do u guys know if the voltage going up and down due to the rpm of the motor will work aswell? Thanx 4 any help

Please any1?

Last edited by a moderator:
a rectifier should be ok....dont worry about the voltage as the voltage regulator takes care of that..it will keep the max volatage generated at around 12 - 14 volts.

Reply to Please help me im so so confused in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all and please forgive me if this has been asked many times before, I'm trying to purchase and get installed by one of the national...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody i am new here. I will explain to you my electrical dilema. I hired recently rented parking space... so far so good. Unfortunately...
Replies
Views
Hi All, New member here, getting some major electrical work done at my family home with a full renovation. I am fairly competent when it comes...
Replies
Views
I really need advice. I know nothing about electrics so i am looking for someone to give me some basic answers and help. I want to put lighting...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am new to the forum so be nice! I used to install solar PV systems back when the tariffs were still good, and I've never had to go...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock