Discuss Please help me regarding these topics. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sahiru Dilan

I have an assignment on Saturday. There are somethings that I do not understand. So Please help me to figure them out.

1)What is the exact value as mentioned by regulations for High Voltage and Low Voltage?

2)If an insulation is good three people should sign to verify. What are those people?

3)What is a "Minor Work Form"?

Well I had downloaded some wrong document. :(
A short answer is fine. Can you please?

MNW Certificate is completed when you have ALTERED an EXISTING cicuit a new circuit requires an EIC

Last edited by a moderator:
Our members are been helpful here Sahiru but may I ask what course are you doing where you don't have a copy of the BS7671, guidance notes and other relevant books to boot which will answer your queries, we don't really condone members relaying answers to assignments, exams or course work in direct fashion as this does not show you understand what you are been taught to your tutor and can put your safety and others at risk if you pass on the strength of been spoon fed the answers.
You say your assignment is on Saturday, I suggest you first contact your tutor regarding your questions so they can give a response that reflects the tutoring you have had and requirements on your part for research material to prepare you for your assignment.

Last edited:
The IET take a dim view of people distributing copies of their publications.....

Why are you swotting BS 7671 if you are in Sri Lanka?

Don't they use our regs (BS7671) in other countries ? Pete may know the answer to this.
Not sure, however IF IT is based on 7671 they don't make a very good job of adhering to it, as much as I saw, it's pretty much connect it up and hey presto magic. I suppose it's down to whichever contractor is doing the M&E work. Like most countries like Sri Lanka the rule is if it doesn't kill anyone that's OK, not that there is anything wrong with Sri Lanka I had a great time there nice People.

Last edited:
Not sure, however IF IT is based on 7671 they don't make a very good job of adhering to it, as much as I saw, it's pretty much connect it up and hey presto magic. I suppose it's down to whichever contractor is doing the M&E work.
That could be said of some of the electrical work I used to see in my previous employment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Please help me regarding these topics. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock