Discuss Pliers with built in LED, are they any good? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cool or not cool?

• Cool

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Not cool

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
W

walterwhite

I saw a guy on site in Leeds with a pair of pliers with built in LED to the jaw, they looked really cool and he was working in the ceiling where it was dark but these pliers lit the area up very well. Has anyone else got some of these and can tell me if they are as good as they look? I asked where he got them from and he said City (CEF) for about 35 quid and they're tested to 5000V

I'm always looking for new tools and these look as though they would be great, any help would be appreciated and do you think they're cool?

Cheers.

Attachments

• Lighted.Pliers.CEF.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 302
So what's next; a set of lighty-up VDE screwdrivers, a brace of lighty-up side cutters a lighty-up claw hammer and lighty-up Electricians Bolster chisel - or why not just ONE half-decent lighty-up headlight wot yer strap to yer heid?????

Might be tested to 5000v but if exposed metal parts are easily touched then I doubt any test body would certify them as safe work equipment........

This guy bought them and was using them so they must have been passed and CE certified or they wouldn't be able to be sold within the UK or Europe. Every tool that has electrics or any other piece of electrical equipment has to be CE certified before it can be sold and used, mainstream wholesalers would not sell them otherwise.

What annoys me,is nobody wanted to manufacture my 3 speed walking stick,or my wind powered cooling fan...yet somebody decided to make THAT...:hammer:

Cant see the problem, alot of battery drills now have a work light on them lighting up the work area.if indeed these do exsist then I dont see a problem if people wish to buy them its their money and can spend it on what they wish.

What annoys me,is nobody wanted to manufacture my 3 speed walking stick,or my wind powered cooling fan...yet somebody decided to make THAT...:hammer:

It's because you were too tight to pay a decent agent to tout your designs around the manufacturers.

Now for a small fee ....... :ihih:

I can't wait, the next step is to combine a voltstick and sidecutters together. I wonder if I can advance order.....

i've got a earth keakage clamp meter with built-in volt stick. as for the cutters, they must have an extremely robust LED to withstand the 1000V test.

If you want to 'work in the dark' get yourself a Pilz headtorch. The cutters with an LED in sound great, but what happens when you've finished cutting, and want to terminate, strip, crimp, test etc.....eat more carrots?

Reply to Pliers with built in LED, are they any good? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net