Discuss Plug in Time clock on a Worcester Bosch in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sb1986

Hi, our company is starting to install Worcester Bosch green star i30 combo boilers. On the old style boiler the internal time clocks were straight forward, just plug in then use LS and LR for room stat connections. But on the new style boilers, there is no LS, just L out and N out which are not switched by the time clock and is permanently. There is still an LR connection for ch and also one for dhw which is linked to LOut to provide constant hot water. Just wondering if anyone else has come across these and have any ideas? Thanks

L out is just the same as LS on the older boilers. Just remove the link between L out and LR (with the pic of a radiator above it) and connect your room stat as normal.
The LS terminal on the older boilers wasn't switched with the integral time clock it was always live.
The LR terminal with the pic of a tap above it is so you can connect a clock to control the pre heat for the hot water.

Thanks, that clears it up I always thought the ls was switched. For a normal combi without the clock for preheat would you leave the link in between lout and lr with the tap above?

Yes, if you remove the link you will not get the pre heat function. It can be turned on and off manually by pressing the Eco button for about 5 seconds.

Reply to Plug in Time clock on a Worcester Bosch in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi folks, I'd like to get my Nest thermostat up and running with the gas combi boiler (Worcester Greenstar HIghflow 440 Standalone). FYI - I...
Replies
Views
I recently wired a heating system with a UFH8 manifold and an unvented cylinder.... easy. Well it threw up a few problems. Initially I had the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a heatmiser uh4 wiring centre and a grant vortex combi condensing oil boiler, doing the heat and HW in a small cottage, the room stats...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Just bought a Honeywell CM700 series wireless room stat/programmer with BDR91 relay box/receiver to link with Worcester Bosch 28CDi combi...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock