Discuss Plumber who is also an sparky, allegedly in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello guys

A plumber done some terrible electrical work, one item had been securing jack chain to 25mm conduit with plastic cable ties.

Can someone point me in the direction of an adapter that will hook around the conduit and provide a hook for the jack chain?

Hello guys

A plumber done some terrible electrical work, one item had been securing jack chain to 25mm conduit with plastic cable ties.

Can someone point me in the direction of an adapter that will hook around the conduit and provide a hook for the jack chain?
You can get hook plates to fit onto conduit boxes, sounds like your plumtrician is a bit of a pratt

jubilee clips??? or take chain round conduit and clip return end into feeder chain.

You can get hook plates to fit onto conduit boxes, sounds like your plumtrician is a bit of a pratt
I would like to use this method however there are no conduit through boxes in place just a flex cable tied to the conduit. really bad stuff, i have so many clients having to pay for things to be done twice.
pay peanuts you get monkeys and a large bill to suit

yes they will do job, although i have seen some adapters before but i cant find them online
What is the job you have been asked to do chris, because if I were to be honest you are in over your head.

just open the end link, wrap chain round conduit, clip into appropriate link and squeeze up end link.

the professional approach would be through boxes with hooks on lids.

What is the job you have been asked to do chris, because if I were to be honest you are in over your head.
Its ok guys i found it, haha blimey Pete that is a bit strong i was asking what the below would be called but found it.
but yes i agree when i comes to remembering the name of things i am in over my head

41xcDJCyN8L.jpg

I think you are confused Pete. I think Chris is sorting out a botch up carried out by somebody else, not botching it himself!
True Tel but this Plumbtrician is a chancer, a waste of space, probably a DIYer who thinks he knows it all, should be pilloried.

Reply to Plumber who is also an sparky, allegedly in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net