Discuss Plumbers are great!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just for clarification, my ding dong is cast hacksaw frame

2017-07-22 10.45.55.jpg

Found this right in the middle of a lounge wall in a builders built house of fun! Doing an accessory to accessory RFC extension and had to negotiate the dot and dabs, if it hadn't have snapped my pilot on the hole saw I wouldn't have thought something was amiss and would just have carried on. Strong material I'm glad to say - no harm done thank the Lord. !

On the theme of water works and just so you lot don't think it's all beer and skittles here in TT land, how's this for a close call? I started with my big drill but thought the better of it and proceeded by hand - lucky lucky :) . I haven't measured Ra yet but I was 'this close' to making it a lot lower :rolleyes:

20170720_124328.jpg

Good idea - even if having them means you'll never need them :)
Watching a TED Talk the other day along these lines. The speaker's presentation was that any stressful situation is made worse because we are required to deliver our best decision in our worst frame of mind. Where as a problem anticipated gives us the chance to deal with it; such as Wilko's Kibosh kits in the van.

Thanks for all the advice guys

Guilty, cut through one pipe, saw one in the partition needed to drill through, didn't see the second one, cols fed from huge tank in roof. Rushed up there no stop cocks, called out for owner, he was in another wing of house, just had to leave it to find him. Him and wife came onto landing he saying yes stop cocks not in usual place, not in loft at tank but in airing cupboard on landing. Water inches deep under floor pouring down through chandelier below, they having recently gone into bed and breakfast the good lady gave me the dirty towels waiting to be washed. Thick Egyptian cotton really do soak it up! Water now stopped draining away, right he said we need a cup of tea come on lets not panic, he a retired major. So we had a cup of tea I said I could deal with it and did. Ceiling dried out and I completed the minor thing I started to do. At the end they asked how much, I said nothing I couldn't possibly charge and refused to take payment. Next day they put £50 through my letterbox and thanked me for my work. I have always been blessed with meeting some really top people and in return I try to behave as they did when my apprentices got something wrong. No one intends to wreck things but sometimes it just happens.

I've just ordered a couple of kibosh kits to keep in the van. I once asked the spark I was working with to put the floorboards back on the landing. He did, by putting screws in the middle of the board over the pipe runs! Good job it was an empty house.

@ChrisElectrical88 just know that it can't be used in the middle of your laminate floor or even half way across the Axminster - the wife would have something else to moan about then!

The laminate flooring for the bedroom is still in the garage... it's been there 2 years...... I told her I couldn't do it till the sockets were done... I told her the sockets couldn't be done till I bought a circular saw and a new sds drill... she said we could afford these.

I always have excuses.

I guess that the extra money buys you 'that lip' that will give the floor the strength to be stood on again - clever chaps and good design but they own it (and us!)

what you need to be wary of, of course, is wet-pants's pipes tight under the flooring. my method is to drill a pilot hole carefully off centre of where you want the larger hole to be, enlarge pilot hole enough to get a boroscope in. search for pipes with said boroscope, then if all clear, a 4" hole. and as midwest's post. refit the cut out piece on a batten, using screws so it's re-enterable.

super rod do similar bit of kit.
Super Rod Cavity Master Kit - http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/super-rod-cavity-master-kit/85585?kpid=85585&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%2520Listing%2520Ads-_-Sales%2520Tracking-_-sales%2520tracking%2520url&gclid=Cj0KCQjwktHLBRDsARIsAFBSb6za8QAx2xyLv56D5PzvW3ZX94XLjgQdap2hjoR7-VzR1tsD86rCH2caAggHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CI73v5WTn9UCFc2xUQod70kJ9g

Ace In The Hole-Super Rod Limited-Cable Installation Tools-Tools for Electricians - http://www.super-rod.co.uk/media/press-clippings/ace-in-the-hole.html

If you're going to buy one of these cutters @ChrisElectrical88 don't go cheap.
I bought the silverline one from Toolstation to save pennies. The plugs were about 4mm smaller diameter than the hole so they rattled about, and were about 3mm lower down that the board surface. I took it back.

My mate bought the Armeg version in a kit and it is spot on.

The plugs should be about £2 each

Be aware that there are 2 sizes, 111mm and 127mm

This is a decent price for the 111mm set.
Armeg SBC111SET Carbide Solid Board Cutter Set 111mm, SBC111SET - http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/product.php/391318333/armeg-sbc111set-carbide-solid-board-cutter-set-111mm

Reply to Plumbers are great!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net