Discuss Poor Workmanship In Rental Property in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

late

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

I rented a cottage for the weekend just gone, everything was generally ok except some wiring in the kitchen near the cooker was a little poor. (see attached photo)
the outer sheath on the twin and earth was split plus poor IP rating on the JB, the cable to the fused spur flex outlet wasnt secure either.

poor standard i feel especially as they are letting this out to general public.

any comments?
Many Thanks
rental property.jpg

As well as what you mentioned why would you also tile around the cables rather than chasing them in and tiling over????:confused:

Poor job all round by the look of it. I bet there was plenty more you could have listed through the property if thats the standard of work they are happy with.

A piece of stick on trunking would be useful
Did you also eye up the accessories for level,my own Mrs gives me one of them looks once I start criticising the electrical set up :)

As well as what you mentioned why would you also tile around the cables rather than chasing them in and tiling over????:confused:

Poor job all round by the look of it. I bet there was plenty more you could have listed through the property if thats the standard of work they are happy with.
all of the tiling was similar, all finished short of the surfaces and corners to save cutting tiles, infact the only cut tiles were around the cabling.

Yes there are many things that could have been done to make a better job of it, like sinking in a box for the junction with maybe a blanking plate so at least it looks aesthetically in keeping. Why on earth you would tile it that way is beyond me, but hey oh..., looks like its one of those CBA jobs (can't be ar***d) you often see in rentals. :)

Hi all,

I rented a cottage for the weekend just gone, everything was generally ok except some wiring in the kitchen near the cooker was a little poor. (see attached photo)
the outer sheath on the twin and earth was split plus poor IP rating on the JB, the cable to the fused spur flex outlet wasnt secure either.

poor standard i feel especially as they are letting this out to general public.

any comments?
Many Thanks
View attachment 38067
terrible workmanship. those screws in the FCU are at 10 t0 2.

Snagging list on the cottage and a full electrical test, the wife went on a date with the barman from the local pub.
hope she brought you some beer back.

Reply to Poor Workmanship In Rental Property in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net