Discuss Populated RCBO board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The Denmans loaded RCBO board is similar to the Lewden, but not identical. Looks good though.
I’ve been using Lewden loaded RCBO boards for a while now. I’d prefer to use Hager, or Crabtree Starbreaker (but the price is prohibitive IMO) as both now do the reduced height RCBO mentioned herein.

I've fitted Schneider, contactum and mcg in the last 4 weeks mainly but havnt seen any without the functional earth, would be nice to have it out of the way
The hager reduced height one without functional earth has an interesting faq on What you need to know about our Reduced Height RCBO - http://www.hager.co.uk/news-exhibitions-case-studies/blog/circuit-break/what-you-need-to-know-about-our-reduced-height-rcbo/72306.htm
"Will the device function normally if there is a loss of neutral to the installation?
No, the overcurrent portion of the device will function normally. The RCD portion of the device will not function normally. However, the chance of seeing this simultaneous double fault is extremely unlikely. If the supply neutral is lost to the circuit or the installation there will be disruption to the function of the installation which would be unlikely to go un-noticed."​
... because all your equipment will be exploding?

Although without sticking an earth rod in the simpler way to discover a lost neutral would be trip on overvoltage.

I'll just leave this here... : British General 12-Module 6-Way Populated Main Switch Consumer Unit - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/british-general-12-module-6-way-populated-main-switch-consumer-unit/5226j (48 quid including VAT, 6x RCBOs in a 10-way box, local pick-up only). Suspect they're getting rid before they start selling the BG compact RCBOs?

I'll just leave this here... : British General 12-Module 6-Way Populated Main Switch Consumer Unit - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/british-general-12-module-6-way-populated-main-switch-consumer-unit/5226j (48 quid including VAT, 6x RCBOs in a 10-way box, local pick-up only). Suspect they're getting rid before they start selling the BG compact RCBOs?

Just bought the last one at my local store for a rental property, £48 perfick!;-)

Was there not mention on here not that long ago of a recall on said BG compact RCBO devices?

There was. They had to do some testing, to confirm things were ok, I think. I had an order for a dozen compact RCBOs that was put on hold for a week or so. The stockist I ordered them from at the start of May said, "Unfortunately BG have had manufacturing issues with all the compact RCBO's. They are currently being tested but have told me the earliest they will get to us is the last week of May. However they said if it goes successfully it should be much quickier than this."

It seems to have gone well, because they did arrive a lot "quickier." :)

As been mentioned before Wylex are doing a compact RCBO, without earth fly lead, but with switched neutral, suppose Crabtree will follow soon.

BG, I mean honestly. :)

Crabtree have compacts as well - saw them at ELEX. Will be a most pleasant install I’ll imagine!
As been mentioned before Wylex are doing a compact RCBO, without earth fly lead, but with switched neutral, suppose Crabtree will follow soon.
:)

Id give lewdens a go for that price but are they compact rcbos? Once used the compact ones the cu feels very small with the taller versions. I mainly use mcg pay £15 for tall or £20 for compact but i think i pay too much.

Reply to Populated RCBO board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net