Discuss Portable tool station electrics, Saftey advice help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sintec

Hi all,

I am building a portable workstation to hold 4 power tools IE: Router, Saw, Disc sander (Drill powered), Small Drill Press.

The idea I would ideally like is for each unit to only be powered at any on time without the others being able to switch on until the one in use is switched off, & I would like to use & also to prevent accidental power ups.

I am thinking of using

1. 1 x 16A NVR switch with a big emergency stop button.

2. 1 x 4 Channel remote switch.

I guess I would need at least a minimum of 10A remote.

The specs on 1 I have been looking at are

Specification:
Model: CJY-2204
Name: Wireless Relay Switch
1. Working voltage: AC85C-250V
2. Operating frequency: 433MHZ
3. Quiescent current: 8.5mA
4. Load power: 2200W
5. Receiving sensitivity: -105dBM
6. Work: Jog / self-locking / interlock
7. Output signal: four AC220V output voltage signal
8. Coding: learning code
9. Modulation: ASK
10. Working temperature: -10 ° C ~ +70 ° C
11.Channel: 4CH
12. Wiring Method: Fixed wiring terminal
13.Rated load: 10A 250VAC / 10A 125VAC/10A 30VDC / 10A 28VDC
14.Dimension: 6.5cm * 3.5cm * 1.7cm

Would this combo work.....??

How would you best wire it up.

The main reason for the remote switch, is to prevent anyone from using it, that is not authorised or trained to use power tools.....

Kind regards

Thank you for taking the time to look

Any help / advice is gratefully received.....

If the CJY-2204 is the one off EBAY then I note it switches neutral not Live.
Also unless you disable the currently selected channel that device is still live so its not a perfect disabler of the equipment.
I'd have thought a 4 way rotary selector doing a manual selection of the device in use would be practical and then a simple remote to kill everything (a main isolator if you like)
However I'd urge caution with any remote device that allows turning on. As a tool could be left on but now dead and then come alive via a remote powerup.

As per Pat, a remote switching device downstream of the NVR is a recipe for disaster, as a power tool with its own switch latched on for any reason (unlikely, but possible) could start without warning if a nearby transmitter / radio interference / whatever triggers the relay. I really can't see the need to interlock tools against each other but HandySparks idea is much safer!

Reply to Portable tool station electrics, Saftey advice help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net