Discuss Possitioning sockets on Party Wall (advice required) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

E14RKS

Hi,
was wondering what guys thought to this? im about to carry out first fixing a extension, its a terraced house, if you look out the back door the neighbours either side have extensions which extend out 5m, the builder has started a extension which basically bricks up 5 meters out and uses the existing neighbour walls as the side walls.( Hope that makes some sense)
there is a party wall agreement in place, the plans are very vague and the builder seems to think were not allowed to place socket outlets on the party wall, this seems strange as the kitchen is going along that left hand side party wall.The builder has said they are having to stud off the party wall and use sound resistant plasterboard, i cant see any reason why the sockets cant go in this wall, either drylining boxes or metal boxes on noggings? any other opinions on this would be highly appreciated.thanks

Hi,
was wondering what guys thought to this? im about to carry out first fixing a extension, its a terraced house, if you look out the back door the neighbours either side have extensions which extend out 5m, the builder has started a extension which basically bricks up 5 meters out and uses the existing neighbour walls as the side walls.( Hope that makes some sense)
there is a party wall agreement in place, the plans are very vague and the builder seems to think were not allowed to place socket outlets on the party wall, this seems strange as the kitchen is going along that left hand side party wall.The builder has said they are having to stud off the party wall and use sound resistant plasterboard, i cant see any reason why the sockets cant go in this wall, either drylining boxes or metal boxes on noggings? any other opinions on this would be highly appreciated.thanks

Has anyone read the party wall agreement, part 1 in particular where any caveats and conditions are normally recorded?

I have never came across this before....Seems a strange one. Only possibilities I can think of is because your neighbours may not know where wiring is located and daqmage cables through drilling etc.....

i cant seem to get my head around it, theres already a cavity wall which is the party wall the builder then plans on studding off this wall and plaster boarding it, surely it cant be something to do with a fire barrier? i know cutting sockets into the plaster board will reduce its fire rating so should i use boxes with fire seals, thing is surely the wall is the thing thats fire rated, who knows, anybody else?

i cant seem to get my head around it, theres already a cavity wall which is the party wall the builder then plans on studding off this wall and plaster boarding it, surely it cant be something to do with a fire barrier? i know cutting sockets into the plaster board will reduce its fire rating so should i use boxes with fire seals, thing is surely the wall is the thing thats fire rated, who knows, anybody else?

Its allowed your builder is wrong. Read above link

Hi,
The soundblock board has obviously been specified to stop noise transmission if you fit sockets in it will allow sound transmission andf undo any good the soundblock has acheived -it may be part of the planning permission
there are ways around this http://www.british-gypsum.com/pdf/WBS_socket_detailing_2010_10.pdf
you could speak to building controll and see what you could agree on

Just scanned a few pages of the web and electrical wiring seems to be allowed....

Section 6 explains....

http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/planningandbuilding/pdf/133214.pdf

It depends on the Party Wall Agreement drawn up between the 2 solicitors, the Act is just a framework to assist in the completion of the agreement.
There is technically no reason why outlets and wiring cannot be installed but the wording of the joint agreement will be the deciding factor here.

Reply to Possitioning sockets on Party Wall (advice required) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net