Discuss "Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement"... No it doesn't in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Adverts are not the problem. I totally understand using them as a revenue stream for the forum, however the big banner ad at the top of the screen is starting to get ridiculous.

Yesterday, I was told by the advert that Match Of The Day presenter Gary Linekar had been arrested, no details, but a picture of Gary in front of one of those height charts they use.

Todays headline, Top Gear present Jeremy Clarkson kill 2 pedestrians at 280 kph!!.... Really? Clarko hasn't presented Top Gear for a while now.

If anyone can tell me how to get rid of any Googlelead/Adchoice ads on my comp I'd be happy

I quite like the lass standing in front of the mountains ad..... I think you know all know why.....

My Adguard blocker must be doing a good job on this site.....don't see any of that crap.
What does annoy me though is the "While you're here would you mind checking our insurance section" ----.
Just sounds like the most irritating customer ever. While you're here can you just......

My daughter bought a dress online from ChiChi London, using a different computer in the house. - I now get adverts for ChiChi on this laptop? How does that work? Do they target every comp on an IP address?
The advert is pointless anyway. Its advertising the very style of dress she bought. She's not going to buy another one the same!

Every time I look at the new posts page (the page I always start from), the whole of the screen is wasted with (a) half a page of pointless ads, (b) messages to check the jobs or insurance section. So I never read any of this, just scroll down a page.

It is indeed so irritating, but the worst of all is the stupid message
saying "Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement". It is misleading and doesn't.

What’s the LED lighting Bloke been up to?!
9B2B6D15-F879-459F-AB40-60CA8B2ADC3D.png

My daughter bought a dress online from ChiChi London, using a different computer in the house. - I now get adverts for ChiChi on this laptop? How does that work? Do they target every comp on an IP address?
The advert is pointless anyway. Its advertising the very style of dress she bought. She's not going to buy another one the same!

Screwfix do that as well.
I bought around £1300 worth of Makita power tools after my originals were stolen and Screwfix keep sending me adverts and deals for the exact same models I already own.
Ridiculous.

I quite like the lass standing in front of the mountains ad..... I think you know all know why.....
I'm interested to see this chick, can you post a picture please? I just get ads for Johannesburg zoo, not sure why....I've never been to a zoo in the last 40 years and never tried to buy a zoo online.

untitled2.jpg

I'm interested to see this chick, can you post a picture please?

It was an ad for a camera... I haven't been getting them today...:sob::sob::sob:
If it come up I will screen shoot it and post it up.

Reply to "Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement"... No it doesn't in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net